Safeway/Morrisons/Somerfield

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Lance

Safeway/Morrisons/Somerfield

Post by Lance »

I do not live in Sydenham but was interested to see you have avoided having your Safeway store ruined by turning it into Morrisons. Having experienced the turning of our Safeway store in Solihull into Morrisons, experiencing it becoming downmarket and full of disgusting, brash staff who think nothing of barging into customers, and gradually attracting similar customers, I hope something similar can happen here.
Julsb

Post by Julsb »

I'm sorry to say that I don't find our new Sommerfield any more enticing than the old Safeway-turned-Morrisons. The product lines are just so tired. It looks like I'll be sticking to Ocado and Solstice deliveries as well as occasional trips to Borough Market for the forseeable future.
Adam@SF

Post by Adam@SF »

Julsb wrote:I'm sorry to say that I don't find our new Sommerfield any more enticing than the old Safeway-turned-Morrisons. The product lines are just so tired. It looks like I'll be sticking to Ocado and Solstice deliveries as well as occasional trips to Borough Market for the forseeable future.
Sydenham must have been unlucky then. There was a lovely Safeway Compact in Shandwick Place, Edinburgh that turned into a Morrisons and went downhill apparantly (I have to admit I didn't actually use it then because I boycott Morrisons but was told this by other people). It has now thankfully changed into a Somerfield and is just like the old Safeway but sells Somerfield products. The staff seem happier now too. A happy ending.

I speak not as a Somerfield employee but as a satisfied customer!