Trattoria Rafaelle

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
topofthehill

Trattoria Rafaelle

Post by topofthehill »

Delighted to see that Trattoria Raffaele is currently in the top 20 out of 18000 London restaurants on Trip Advisor, not far behind the Ledbury, La Gavroche and Gordon Ramsay.

Congratulations to them on this most well deserved achievement. Their food, warm and friendly service and attention to detail are always a delight - as are the realistic prices.
Manwithaview1

Re: Trattoria Rafaelle

Post by Manwithaview1 »

I think the expression is use it or lose it. Well done to everyone at TR and yes the food is excellent.
Mayowthorpe

Post by Mayowthorpe »

Fantastic achievement!

I am a big fan of Trattoria Rafaelle; the food is lovely and the staff are very friendly.

A great asset to Sydenham!
robbieduncan

Post by robbieduncan »

Manwithaview1 wrote:I think the expression is use it or lose it. Well done to everyone at TR and yes the food is excellent.
Was so busy on Saturday that we could not get a table. So we had our pizza to go :)
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

robbieduncan wrote:
Manwithaview1 wrote:I think the expression is use it or lose it. Well done to everyone at TR and yes the food is excellent.
Was so busy on Saturday that we could not get a table. So we had our pizza to go :)
The last time we went there were four Italian families eating. I measure how good a Chinese restaurant is by the number of Chinese eating there. Same goes for Italian, I mean they wouldn't eat there if the food wasn't on point.
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

Frequently fully booked on week nights, including early week.
Pally

Post by Pally »

Yes this is a lovely restaurant and always guaranteed a nice meal. The food brings people in as does the friendly service, remembering names, offers of drinks before you go ....little touches that make people want to come back. And they join in with various community things as well like the Xmas crafts each year, Sydenham arts etc. They seem to get it right on so many levels, starting with that food! :D
Jezford

Post by Jezford »

My favourite pizza place in SouthLondon! I have 'to go' down to a fine art now. A call as you pull into Forest Hill station, get off at Sydenham and walk down and its there piping hot to go! Genius!

Eating in is also a great experience! Lovely family and always great buzz there!
Mayowthorpe

Post by Mayowthorpe »

Now at #5 on Tripadvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserRe ... gland.html

Can it make it to the top?
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

It was 4th a short time ago.
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

Now #2 on Trip Advisor
FromCtoShiningC

Post by FromCtoShiningC »

Blimey - what a score! I must say, the pizza is rather good...:-)