Major Disturbance Cobbs Corner

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Nigel

Re: Major Disturbance Cobbs Corner

Post by Nigel »

Seriously
If there is trouble tonight should we not use a thread on the forum to start collating the industrial scale of nuisance being generated by that place ?
It seems like only yesterday when we were being harangued by the illustrious lee jaspers and their nu-look " management " team , to look into our inner selves and confront the intolerant Eurocentric within etc etc et- bloody cetera .
Surely this is taking the mick and needs to stop right now ?
A very peaceful ( i hope) evening
Nigel
SydenhamBorn

Post by SydenhamBorn »

Hope it's going to be quiet tonight though at least I am tucked up inside unlike last Saturday when I was out and confronted by about 40 'youths' running in my direction.
I hammer

Post by I hammer »

I wouldn't be surprised if one night busses are forced on diversion around Zanzibar..... I'm just very concerned of course.
biscuitman1978

Major Disturbance Cobbs Corner

Post by biscuitman1978 »

I hammer wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if one night busses are forced on diversion around Zanzibar..... I'm just very concerned of course.
That's already happened, albeit some time ago. In January last year I tried to catch a bus at about 3:30am and that the road outside the nightclub was blocked by patrons and their cars. The bus was unable to travel along Kirkdale as a result.

I've not been in Sydenham for the last two Saturday nights, so I can't comment on what may or may not have happened on those occasions. But for what it's worth, I have no problem with this nightclub if it can be operated so that:
- Local residents' sleep is not disturbed
- Patrons do not obstruct pavements with parked cars
- There is no unauthorised street trading to serve patrons
- The passage of traffic, including buses, is not interrupted
- Patrons do not engage in any illegal activity in or in the vicinity of the nightclub

If those conditions are met on all occasions that the club operates I'll be happy and I hope that the club's patrons have a fun evening.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I know we have been through this time and time again and all local people seem to be against .

It is amazing that the Council permits these events when they seem to create so much disturbance for the local people.

If the Buses are on diversion then things have gotten to a bad state.