Bob Wines

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
FromCtoShiningC

Re: Bob Wines

Post by FromCtoShiningC »

yes - certainly seems to be moving along in the last few days. One of the most exciting new openings in the last few years in Sydenham IMO.... and a very prominent location for footfall...
biscuitman1978

Bob Wines

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Bob is on his way!

FromCtoShiningC

He (or rather it :-) ) sure is....

And isn't it nice to see care and attention in re-decorating the premises and the outside of the building. Good old fashioned pride in appearance. I wish all shop keepers held this value....
mosy

Post by mosy »

I "caught" a person working in the shop as he stepped outside and asked if there was an opening date. He said two weeks. I don't know if that is "ish" or specific. I imagine they'll announce the opening on their Facebook page?

Just a thought: I wonder if they know about the list of Station Approach names on the name board at the head of Station Approach? I don't know how they'd get their name on it (thus replacing an earlier shop's name), but I assume shops either side would know if Bob's doesn't.
prince

Post by prince »

Looks like Bob Wines is almost ready to open! Great contemporary fit out by what promises to be a high quality independent business, just what we need! I saw last night that the shelves are now even being stocked. Would be great if it will be open ready for Easter!
KEVD

Post by KEVD »

Good luck to Bobs wines I hope it does well.
slull

Post by slull »

They opened this evening so I popped in on the way home and picked up some nice beers! Great selection of wine too (obviously) and really friendly staff. Lovely addition to Sydenham.
Search East

Post by Search East »

Popped in after work last night and was recommended a good Merlot to go with the Chinese spiced pork dish my girlfriend was making for tea, went great and couldn't help but pick up a few continental beers for good measure.

Welcome to Sydenham Bob Wines :)
robbieduncan

Post by robbieduncan »

What a great little shop. Light and airy. Good selection. The refillable Bob Bottles look interesting. Bought some nice beers
gillyjp

Post by gillyjp »

If Bob's Wines could get me a bottle of Billet Carte Salmon champagne for under £50 (special occasions only you understand) I'd be their friend forever. Difficult to get it for our anniversary without trotting up to Harrods or ordering on line.
FromCtoShiningC

I must say - the outside of the shop has been smartened up and the inside looks very fine and clean/fresh. What a lovely addition to what is a very central and visible location in Sydenham.
Doubles

Post by Doubles »

Gillyjp - I like your taste! :)
gillyjp

Post by gillyjp »

:wink: :wink: :wink:
HappySyd

Post by HappySyd »

Popped in tonight on way home from work.

They said business has been good so far.

Offered some free tasters. Unfortunately was on the way to dentist, so declined.

The two blokes in the shop were so friendly.

Loads of Ales too (hubby will be happy) - will go back at weekend.

Great addition to Sydenham me thinks.
biscuitman1978

Bob Wines

Post by biscuitman1978 »

I popped in last night too. It's a great little shop!
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

I bought 2 bottles of East London Brewery Pale Ale after developing a taste for Ales in Beer Rebellion. It was very nice indeed. :)
robbieduncan

Post by robbieduncan »

Parker1970 wrote:I bought 2 bottles of East London Brewery Pale Ale after developing a taste for Ales in Beer Rebellion. It was very nice indeed. :)
Try the cans of Beavertown Gamma Ray. Very good indeed
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

To be fair most by Beavertown are good.

The king of London Breweries is still Kernel in my opinion. Check them out. Or for something from the north try Buxton or Marble.

G-man
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

Popped in last night, really nice guy (the owner) and love the idea of refill wine on tap. It's a great way to cut down on waste and get excellent wines for less. They even had some fizz! And I was given a try of the red, which was delicious.

I picked myself up the following:

Canopy (Herne Hill) - Table beer (2.9% 750ml bottle) Designed to have with dinner
Belleville (Wandsworth Common) Tie Dye Rye - Rye IPA - 5.8%
Brew by Numbers (Bermondsey - and one of my favourite breweries) Montueka and Lime Saison - 5.5%
And another Saison from an East London Brewery who I've never tried. I can't remember their name though!

For beer nerds they are getting some more beers in soon. Although they already have a good selection.

The Gin selection also looked awesome.

G-Man
Jezford

Post by Jezford »

Bob Wines Sydenham is awesome! Popped in on way home from work, open till 9pm, fantastic array of wines, beers and champagnes! Wonderful chap running the place too. Highly recommend it. No-one in Sydenham should now need to buy wine or (good) beer from the supermarkets now! Support your HighStreet!