Oh gawd

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
I hammer

Oh gawd

Post by I hammer »

Zanzibar's lights are on. Sleep well everyone.
gillyjp

Re: Oh gawd

Post by gillyjp »

I have it on good authority - not for much longer. Their license has been revoked thank goodness (subject to appeal of course). Common sense has prevailed with many thanks due to Police Sergeant Matt McGrath of the Licensing Dept and his team.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Roger that - I went to a couple of the meetings and was very impressed with the police efforts ( similarly the local authority rep and some of the more affected residents ) .
Despite the bafflingly live and let live comments on this subject - these people need to go . It is possible to run a place of entertainment without the degrading and unpleasant displays we have seen from the clientele of the Zanzibar .
Look forward to the new owners and hope they learn from the fiasco of the previous " management "
A very good morning
Nigel
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

As I understand it they allowed to carry on until after the appeal. Assuming they lose.

Would be nice if appeal before Christmas, but expect it is many months away.
_HB

Post by _HB »

How did everyone get on last night? Any disturbance?
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

_HB wrote:How did everyone get on last night? Any disturbance?

I didn't notice anything though I retired to bed just before midnight and thankfully my bedroom is at the back of the flat on the opposite side of where the noise usually comes from.
monkeyarms

Post by monkeyarms »

Eagle wrote:As I understand it they allowed to carry on until after the appeal. Assuming they lose.

Would be nice if appeal before Christmas, but expect it is many months away.
The family event there that I booked tickets for in March next year is going ahead. So the appeal, or at least the results of it, will presumably not be until at least then.