Twice Sweet

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
marymck

Twice Sweet

Post by marymck »

Does anyone know if the Twice Sweet shop on Sydenham Road has closed down? They're a pick up point for UPS parcels and UPS have tried to deliver there yesterday and again today, but report the shop is closed. I can't get a reply from their landline.

Hoping someone be kind enough to post if they know ... so as to save me the trek.

Thanks
leenewham

Re: Twice Sweet

Post by leenewham »

I didn't even know we had a sweet shop! Where was it?
simon

Post by simon »

Its the newsagent between Tops & Tails and Acorn.
mosy

Post by mosy »

If it's the one I think it is, I suspect it changed hands recently, because not usual chap and salesperson (new owner?) asking what I normally order so they could find out what stock people wanted. Might be better to pop in and ask if they're still signed up for UPS?
marymck

Post by marymck »

Thanks Mosy. My husband has popped down the hill to have a look. They are still signed up to UPS, but according to UPS they were closed at 11.03 a.m. yesterday and 2.00 p.m. today. UPS will only make one more attempt at delivery, then my parcel gets returned to sender! No reply from Twice Sweet on the phone today.
Chris Best

Post by Chris Best »

The fit out was taking place yesterday - Twice Sweet are now licensed for the sale of alcohol.
Bunty

Post by Bunty »

Hand written sign on shutter today "shop closed". Very helpful.
marymck

Post by marymck »

Oh pickle! There goes my skincare regime! So much for ordering fancy stuff online. Looks like I'll be in the market for a trip to Superdrug.

Thanks everyone for all your help & info!
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

marymck wrote:Oh pickle! There goes my skincare regime! So much for ordering fancy stuff online. Looks like I'll be in the market for a trip to Superdrug.

Thanks everyone for all your help & info!
There are other UPS pick up / drop offs locally, you should be able to reroute it.
simon

Post by simon »

Hi, I called in earlier and spoke ton the new proprietor Danny, who told me they encountered a major electrical problem yesterday. That has delayed the refurbishment it doesn't look as if they will be open tomorrow. However, I impressed on him the importance of taking in UPS deliveries, particularly at this time of year, and he pledged to do so.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Twice Sweet has been a really nice shop for all the years I've lived in Sydenham . The couple that ran it were really nice - there was always a chair in there for anyone that needed a sit down and there would often be an elderly person taking a quick rest .
The shop was always busy and with a friendly atmosphere . If I'd known they were moving on I would like to have said thanks for all the banter and friendliness over many years . Although they would know Mrs Nigel by name they would probably only know me as 20 Marlboro red and a Guardian and a lottery ticket but I hope they enjoy retirement or whatever they do next . I met the new owner yesterday and he seemed a nice chap .
A very good morning
Nigel
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Older residents will remember in the 50's and 60's there were two reputable sweet shops in between Newlands Park and Venner Road . ( or West's and the Midland Bank. )

A lovely shop called Parker's was next to the Off Licence called Old Man West's , or West's on the corner , now an infernal
convenience store

Opposite was another nice confectioner called Stewart's