Merry Christmas and Happy New Year thread

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Manwithaview1

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year thread

Post by Manwithaview1 »

May everyone have a truly wonderful time.
Robin Orton

Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year thread

Post by Robin Orton »

Compliments of the season to all readers of and contributors to the forum from me too.

Don't worry, it'll soon be over and we can all get back to work. Just go with the flow! Be thankful it's Xmas, not Hallowe'en!

Robin
stuart

Post by stuart »

A very happy (and for those that partake) merry Christmas. Unlike Robin I wish it would last longer. You can't have too much goodwill. Or good Gin.

Stuart
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Best wishes to all.
mosy

Post by mosy »

Merry Christmas folks.

A special thank you to all those who'll be working while some of us are having brisk sit down.
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

Happy Christmas everyone.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

I post this every year on a Gaming Forum I lurk on a lot, just for the lols, obviously.

Please accept with no obligation, implicit or explicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practised within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice, with total respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, and their choice not to practise religious or secular traditions at all.

Additionally,
A fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2016, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our society great, without regard to the race, creed, gender, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, sexual orientation, choice of smart phone, computer platform, gaming console or any other characteristic of the wishee.
By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and no responsibility for any unintended emotional stress these greetings may bring to those not caught up in the holiday spirit.

This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is either revocable or limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.
This greeting is void where prohibited by law.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Thank you for calling. Your greetings are important to us. Due to an unusual amount of greetings being received currently we are unable to return your greeting at this time.

Press 1 if you wish to record your greeting
Press 2 if you wish to set up a direct debit in lieu of a present
Press 3 if you are Santa Claus and require the chimney passcode
Press 4 if you are Santa Claus and have lost your passcode, the mince pies and sherry we left out for you.
Press 5 if you wish to hold until 9am January 4th

Thank you. You have not been charged for this call. Dammit!
mosy

Post by mosy »

Tee hee. Is there an "I Accept" checkbox?

Edit: Oops! Looks like I could be on hold until 4 Jan...
sparticus

Post by sparticus »

Broke my bloody arm haven't I. Fell over the dog. Just had fracture reduction and plate at Lewisham Hospital. Let me home last night. Just coming down off the morphine so it hurts. But A&E were lovely- apart from the hatchet-faced nurse Ratchet on triage, and the surgical staff yesterday were wonderful. The Nigerian (male) nurse in recovery was so lovely and gentle, any more time and morphine and I would have fallen in love with him. So here's one to all at Lewisham Hospital, and all you lot- have a good one!
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

Bad luck, Sparticus. I'm always falling over the dog myself, but so far relatively unscathed. I know what you mean about Nigerian nurses. Hope you're able to enjoy Xmas.
P1971

Post by P1971 »

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

To the ladies and gentlemen of Sydenham,
To this south London Vienna of the arts , with its DIY, coffee, newspapers, and its fruit and veg .

Its fry-ups, curries, brewing , cigarettes and Bounty bars , its sourdough and sausages , its drama and music , samosas and danish pastries , joggers and jerk chicken, haircuts and hardbacks . Its parks and recreation , its decay and renovation .

Its MOT's , and film devotees, passing showers and Angie's Flowers , heated debates , business rates , trains running late and missing slate .
A very good christmas
Nigel
alburt.c

Post by alburt.c »

happy christmas to all peeples here. hope all hav great time. :D
Maria

Post by Maria »

mosy wrote:A special thank you to all those who'll be working while some of us are having brisk sit down.
Rather kind.

And best wishes to them as well as everyone else in the Forum, in the knowledge that we don't have to worry too much as it'll soon be over and we can all get back to work - :)
gillyjp

Post by gillyjp »

It's been a long time coming and a hard slog to get there but I'm sure all affected residents are looking forward to a peaceful New Year now Zanzibar's license has been revoked. Well done to Matt McGrath and his team and all their hard work.