Good doctors in Sydenham?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
natalieh101

Good doctors in Sydenham?

Post by natalieh101 »

Can anyone recommend a good doctors surgery in Sydenham, where you can actually get an appointment? Currently with Wells Park but getting an appointment is like trying to get an audience with the queen! Thanks!
Eagle

Re: Good doctors in Sydenham?

Post by Eagle »

Natalieh

I do symphasise but would imagine Her Majesty has quite a long waiting list.

Someone's good doctor/surgery , is another persons nightmare doctor/surgery .

Not enough doctors in the area for the increased population I am afraid.

Good Luck.
Billie

Post by Billie »

Sydenham Green Group Practice are amazing. You can book online, call at 8am in the morning for an appointment or queue in the morning to ask for an appointment when they open at 8am. It is rare not to get an appointment. They are also great at giving emergency appointments when you explain the situation. I have been going for 10 years.
gillyjp

Post by gillyjp »

Actually it is not that easy getting an appointment with the Sydenham Green practice, in fact it is very frustrating. Yes I have the means to book on line - if you are prepared to wait 3 weeks (those being the only two left when I logged on before Christmas). It wasn't an emergency so I'd rather not put myself through the stress of ringing the surgery at 8.00am and hear the continuing engaged tone for 15 solid minutes before getting through. However I wasn't prepared to wait three weeks either - which leaves me with a bit of a dilemma. Either I pretend it's an emergency and go for the fiasco of the 8.00am phone-in or just give up.

I can see Sydenham Green Surgery having to close it's books, if it hasn't already, if the situation continues. Sadly not enough doctors for an ever increasing population.
Pally

Post by Pally »

gillyjp wrote:Actually it is not that easy getting an appointment with the Sydenham Green practice, in fact it is very frustrating. Yes I have the means to book on line - if you are prepared to wait 3 weeks (those being the only two left when I logged on before Christmas). It wasn't an emergency so I'd rather not put myself through the stress of ringing the surgery at 8.00am and hear the continuing engaged tone for 15 solid minutes before getting through. However I wasn't prepared to wait three weeks either - which leaves me with a bit of a dilemma. Either I pretend it's an emergency and go for the fiasco of the 8.00am phone-in or just give up.

I can see Sydenham Green Surgery having to close it's books, if it hasn't already, if the situation continues. Sadly not enough doctors for an ever increasing population.
If its not urgent and you check in and look regularly over a couple of days you can usually find appointment become available just a few days to wait.
gillyjp

Post by gillyjp »

Yes Pally I take it all back - must have been feeling a tad grumpy when I posted. I went on line on Sunday night and low and behold there were a lot more appointments and I managed to book one for Tuesday! Amazing and much happier now.

:D :D :D :D :D
Pally

Post by Pally »

gillyjp wrote:Yes Pally I take it all back - must have been feeling a tad grumpy when I posted. I went on line on Sunday night and low and behold there were a lot more appointments and I managed to book one for Tuesday! Amazing and much happier now.

:D :D :D :D :D
That's good news. I think they update every day, and amount of appointments vary according to numbers of doctors available and also cancellations etc