Demolition of Hill House 28a Sydenham Hill

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Tom1

Post by Tom1 »

As a nearby resident I received a letter from Lewisham Council regarding an application to demolish Hill House 28a Sydenham Hill SE26 and the change of use, alteration and extension to 28 Sydenham Hill. Application No is DC/15/094733. However, I can't find any reference to it on the Lewisham Council website. Does anyone have any more information on this? Thanks!
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

If you go to http://planning.lewisham.gov.uk/online-applications/ and enter the reference number in the search box you should be able to see full details. Hope that helps!
Manwithaview1

Re: Demolition of Hill House 28a Sydenham Hill

Post by Manwithaview1 »

Tom1 wrote:As a nearby resident I received a letter from Lewisham Council regarding an application to demolish Hill House 28a Sydenham Hill SE26 and the change of use, alteration and extension to 28 Sydenham Hill. Application No is DC/15/094733. However, I can't find any reference to it on the Lewisham Council website. Does anyone have any more information on this? Thanks!
I'm right next to Hill House. The site will see 4 new jobs created after being built.
FromCtoShiningC

Post by FromCtoShiningC »

Thanks for the tip off on this. I tried searching on the website but got an error.
What are they demolishing? Surely not Hill House itself (the Victorian detached house)?
Thanks
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

FromCtoShiningC wrote:Thanks for the tip off on this. I tried searching on the website but got an error.
What are they demolishing? Surely not Hill House itself (the Victorian detached house)?
Thanks
No the care home at the rear of.
Tom1

Post by Tom1 »

Thanks for the various responses. I did originally search the planning website but could find nothing but looked again a few days later and found it. I've since seen the various planning documents loaded onto the site but can't really get a sense of how the new building compares (in terms of size, location, shape, impact on neighbouring houses etc) with the existing building. Would therefore welcome any views on this.