Power cuts

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
allisonPA

Power cuts

Post by allisonPA »

We are on lawrie park road and during big gust of wind during the storm the whole street lost power. There appear to be 3 fire engines on the road too. Happening anywhere else or is it isolated?
I hammer

Re: Power cuts

Post by I hammer »

Springfield Rd Haa gone dark....what are fire engines up to?
allisonPA

Post by allisonPA »

Fire engines were outside the care home opposite cricketers walk shining torches around...
Mattm1984

Post by Mattm1984 »

On Lawrie Park road next to the hospice and all dark here, have tweeted London fire brigade to see whats happened. UKPN also have an area wide power cut listed on their website, thank goodness for smartphones
Mattm1984

Post by Mattm1984 »

From UKPN

Update at 23:45 - We have assigned engineers to locate and fix the issue; they are now on their way. Your power is off due to a fault with an underground cable. At this stage we're aiming to have your power on by 01:00. If this time should change, we'll let you know.
broken_shaman

Post by broken_shaman »

We had a power in the Perry Rise area on Sunday morning at about 3:30am. Alarms going off all round the area. I checked the UK Power website and it said there's been a short circuit in Forest Hill and they expected to have it fixed by 5:30am. Makes me wonder if it's really the weather or if they are up to something atm.