New to area - GP surgery recommendations?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Lovelyveg

New to area - GP surgery recommendations?

Post by Lovelyveg »

Hi all,

We have recently emigrated to Sydenham from east Dulwich and going about getting settled in.

I'm hoping we won't need it any time soon but I should probably register with a local GP. Any recommendations/places to avoid I should know about? We're on Silverdale...

Any other Sydenham insider tips I should know about???
Zsazsa

Re: New to area - GP surgery recommendations?

Post by Zsazsa »

Welcome to sunny Sydenham. We have been in the area for nine years now and as London suburbs go I don't think there is anywhere better. I can recommend Sydenham Green Group practice. The GPs are very good and have looked after my partner and I very well. There is an app you can get for making appointments which I find works really well.
Other tips.....well Raph's for a great Italian and On the Hoof for a quirky menu. The butchers/fishmonger on the high st is a great asset too.
Lovelyveg

Post by Lovelyveg »

Thanks Zsazsa... we've been busy unpacking etc this week but looking forward to having a mooch around the local area this weekend. We're not completely unfamiliar with the area as have visited before but it's definitely different being a resident. Will check out butchers tomorrow, whereabouts on high street is it?
Pally

Post by Pally »

Fresh and Fruity is owned by same people as Fishmongers and is really good for fruit and vege. Brown and Green cafe in Mayow Park is another nice cafe particularly sitting outside in the summer. Pound Plus is great for all sorts of things ...and nice bloke who runs it. PFC has wide range of different foods and worth a look Kirkdale bookshop can usually order a book to arrive within a day ....beats Amazon!! Hilltop Cafe good for ni e tea and a traditional fry up (tho I don't like fry ups but many do!) Trattoria Raffaelle is good for a meal out but also good for takeway pizza and pasta! Drs ...Sydenham Green practice has always served us well and Te online booking is really useful. Others on his forum have said that Wells Park practice is good, if that is nearer for you.

Hope the unpacking is going well
hilsbee

Post by hilsbee »

Welcome to the area! You asked where the butchers was - it's called Billings and is opposite the Post Office in Sydenham Road.
Hils
Bunty

Post by Bunty »

Hi and welcome! I would def register at Sydenham Green practice. I regret leaving there and joining Wells Park. Not nearly as friendly or easy to get an appt.
Lovelyveg

Post by Lovelyveg »

Just remembered to check in on this post - thanks all for the welcome and directions to the butchers!