Cat Killer - Be wary of anyone acting suspiciously

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
owlwise

Cat Killer - Be wary of anyone acting suspiciously

Post by owlwise »

Hi All Cat Lovers Out There,

This psychopath has started on cats in Dulwich! As us Sydenhamites are in between these two locations I thought I'd post this link to the latest news :

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/c ... 88086.html

Please take care and keep your cats indoors at night. I hope this psycho is caught very soon.

Owl
Bunty

Re: Cat Killer - Be wary of anyone acting suspiciously

Post by Bunty »

I have offered to help leaflet the local area. Please follow Facebook page of South Norwood Animal Rescue for daily updates. Key message is keep your cats in! :(
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

Bunty wrote:I have offered to help leaflet the local area. Please follow Facebook page of South Norwood Animal Rescue for daily updates. Key message is keep your cats in! :(
Link to said Facebook page:-
https://www.facebook.com/South-Norwood- ... 301029007/
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I do NOT approve of any cat killers ( they must be quite disturbed people ). However
how many birds get killed by cats.

I do hope they catch this dodgy person soon as cruelty is never a good thing.
maestro

Post by maestro »

Eagle wrote: However how many birds get killed by cats.
Not nearly enough and good that cats keep the numbers down, I am fed up with them invariably messing all over my nice clean car after I've only just had it washed. There's a particularly large one frequently visits this forum and dumps on numerous threads, has anyone noticed? It's high time someone put some poison down for it, surely wouldn't be too long before the infuriating blighter might pick up the bait.
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

maestro wrote:
Eagle wrote: However how many birds get killed by cats.
Not nearly enough and good that cats keep the numbers down, I am fed up with them invariably messing all over my nice clean car after I've only just had it washed. There's a particularly large one frequently visits this forum and dumps on numerous threads, has anyone noticed? It's high time someone put some poison down for it, surely wouldn't be too long before the infuriating blighter might pick up the bait.
However, we have so many cats around us that we have no birds at all - we also have a lot of foul smelling cr*p that needs removing which is a ghastly job.
I assume the person committing these very warped crimes are offended by feline sh*t appearing in their garden.
parker

Post by parker »

Sydenham Syd wrote: I assume the person committing these very warped crimes are offended by feline sh*t appearing in their garden.
OR... they're just a complete nutter...
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

parker wrote:
Sydenham Syd wrote: I assume the person committing these very warped crimes are offended by feline sh*t appearing in their garden.
OR... they're just a complete nutter...
Probably a decent diagnosis
alywin

Post by alywin »

Sydenham Syd wrote:[However, we have so many cats around us that we have no birds at all - we also have a lot of foul smelling cr*p that needs removing which is a ghastly job.
I assume the person committing these very warped crimes are offended by feline sh*t appearing in their garden.
That would be highly illogical, given the wide area over which these sick acts seem to be happening. I'm as fed up as the next person about the (distinctly excessive) number of cats around here using our garden as a toilet, but to suggest that someone would start brutally attacking geographically random cats in retaliation is several steps beyond credible for any sane person, I think.
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

alywin wrote:
Sydenham Syd wrote:[However, we have so many cats around us that we have no birds at all - we also have a lot of foul smelling cr*p that needs removing which is a ghastly job.
That would be highly illogical, given the wide area over which these sick acts seem to be happening. I'm as fed up as the next person about the (distinctly excessive) number of cats around here using our garden as a toilet, but to suggest that someone would start brutally attacking geographically random cats in retaliation is several steps beyond credible for any sane person, I think.
Good thing I was being facetious then Dr Freud