Proposed hot pink signage for 105 Sydenham Road

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
southernmoose

Proposed hot pink signage for 105 Sydenham Road

Post by southernmoose »

There's a proposal to install hot pink signage for the shop-front at 105 Sydenham Road which already has approval to become an after-school club. They're requesting feedback in writing by 29th April so still time to try and lobby for something a bit more tasteful, and hoping that the Sydenham Society and Lee might have some things to say about this one...

The proposal is available online by searching for application DC/16/095813 on the http://planning.lewisham.gov.uk/online-applications website.

ADDITIONAL INFO.
If you'd like to comment, you can do so in writing by letter, fax or email to: Amanda Ghani, Planning Service, 3rd Floor Laurence House, 1 Catford Road, Catford, London, SE6 4RU, Fax: 020 8314 3127 or email to: planning@lewisham.gov.uk. They request that letters include a printed (rather than signed) name.

You can also send your comments to local organisaitons or your Ward Councillors as well as sending them to the council.
Last edited by southernmoose on 15 Apr 2016 07:13, edited 1 time in total.
Nigel

Re: Proposed hot pink signage for 105 Sydenham Road

Post by Nigel »

Looking at the planning application they also propose to block out the window using some kind if " frosted vinyl " - which I thought was not allowed anyway .
It's the " Cheque Centre" currently .
It sounds hideous and any more information about how we can object would be useful .
The term " shop window " will be defunct if we allow so many places to cover them up - thinking if the polish food shop opposite , which while presentable enough inside is an absolute eyesore from the street
Thanks for alerting us
A very good morning
Nigel
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I'm surprised they are applying for planning as it should really come under permitted development, even in a conservation area. They only need to apply if it's lit or if the letters are larger than 75cm tall (and that for advertising consent, not planning).

It's not very good or well designed, but it's not worse than what is already there. The sign appears to be the same size as the previous one, they are just repainting everything pink.

You can frost a shop front, I've yet to hear a rule against this, although guidelines change from council to council (interestingly, a while back Sydenham had it's own guidelines which have now been removed from the councils website).

You wont be able to stop this if you want to, and as their statement states that the materials used are similar to others in the area, which is true. Sydenham is (sadly) full of bad, poorly designed, considered, oversize, ugly, dirty signage and shop fronts. It's been allowed to happen and it will carry on unless someone does something about it. I tried.

I didn't want to post on this forum again, but my name keeps cropping up and it's about signage!!! Grrrr!

Please, no nasty PM's.
southernmoose

Post by southernmoose »

Thanks both, and sorry to drag you back into discussions about shop fronts Lee.

I've added details of how to comment to my original post in case anyone would like to.
Kingfisher78

Post by Kingfisher78 »

Hi Southermoose

Thank you for the contact information, I have just emailed Amanda.
southernmoose

Post by southernmoose »

Great, thanks Kingfisher78
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Lee
Much as I respect your decision to withdraw from STF , fact is , we need you and that tops your personal preference , peccadillos or predilections .

You've seem the Blues Brothers : "we're puttin' the band back together , and we're gettin' Lee on bass and change-of-use queries ".

Welcome back Lee
A very good evening
Nigel
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

:D