Parking Chaos

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
two

Parking Chaos

Post by two »

I live in Peak Hill Ave and its always been a nightmare for parking because a) its proximity to the station and b) the fitness club on Kirkdale. Well things have gotten far worse, since the opening off the new 24 hr Pure Gym.

This week I have suffered over £1500 worth of damage to both the back and front of my car. The weasel that did this has made no attempt to contact me, just left me with this damage!!

I am not the only one just a bit unluckier than most, it seems that most people have big problems reversing and being a dead end street, they then try out their turning skills, which it transpires are worse.

Now I obviously do not know who did this, but one only has to hang around the street for a short while to witness some of the worst driving I have ever seen. I have witnessed several Fitness club clients having excessive difficulties with these manoeuvres and scrapping vehicles, but my vehicle has suffered a huge impact . . .

Why one should drive to the gym beats me, walk and save the subscription and my car!!!

In addition they also empty their rubbish in the street. I know the local counsellors are aware of these goings on, but are powerless to do anything.

So if you park in Peak Hill Ave beware.
Eagle

Re: Parking Chaos

Post by Eagle »

My Sympathy Two,

I do agree it is beggar's belief that people drive to a gym or health club.
Bunty

Post by Bunty »

This doesn't surprise me having joined the gym and seen the other members in close proximity, more chatting, posturing and general hanging around in the gym. I have complained several times on social media to Pure gym but they are not interested.
corvid

Post by corvid »

Parking is a nightmare now - no question about that. I'm sorry to hear about the damage to the car. We too have witnessed some appalling driving, and with the vast increase in cars, it seems inevitable that this will happen again.

Unfortunately the introduction of a CPZ would not help as the gym is 24 hours and the main problematic times are late evenings and early mornings.

We are finding it increasingly annoying that the gym's clients wake us up with banging cars doors and blaring stereos at antisocial hours. It's like having Zanzibar all over again - except it's 7 days a week now.

Why do Lewisham persist in granting silly licenses without any consultation of the residents?

And where can we buy some near-immovable traffic cones?
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Strange the Gym is 24/7 . How did they get a license to operate those times.

It is unfortunate just as locals in the Cobb's are seeing the back of Zanzibar , they get a new peril.
What have they done to deserve this .

---------------- edited by Admin 03/06