Celebrating Brexit.

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Eagle

Re: Celebrating Brexit.

Post by Eagle »

Lee
On our system the only person who votes for a potential PM are people in their constituency.

As you know Mr C was MP for Witney and Mrs May MP for Maidenhead. I have not checked but would imagine they probably had roughly the same number of voters.

We do NOT vote for a PM , only for our own local MP.

Whether our System is good or bad is another matter.

Little old England. I hope not but you are probably right. How many billions will Welsh water cost us for a start.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Eagle wrote:Little old England.
Nope, none of that - they don't reflect the true democratic sentiment of our community. Why accept rules made elsewhere by faceless bureaucrats and swarming hordes sweeping in clinging to overcrowded Southern & SouthEastern chuff chuffs? And all our precious council tax contribution being sent to Catford. All that could all be spent by us in Beer Rebellion every week.

Vote for SydEx: The People's Democratic Republic of Sydenham. Vote for no more immigrants and strict border controls with Nigel stationed at the top of Westwood Hill, Eagle at Kirkdale, move the traffic light phasing down to the Bell Green gyratory to stem any invasion from the east and enlist those terrifying quad bikes into a National Guard to keep the evils of Forest Hill & Penge at bay. Oh and make _HB President for Life. A strong man who won't take stick from no-one.

You know it makes sense. Well maybe a bit more sense than the otherwise upcoming alternatives.

Stuart
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

stuart wrote:
Eagle wrote:Little old England.
Nope, none of that - they don't reflect the true democratic sentiment of our community. Why accept rules made elsewhere by faceless bureaucrats and swarming hordes sweeping in clinging to overcrowded Southern & SouthEastern chuff chuffs? And all our precious council tax contribution being sent to Catford. All that could all be spent by us in Beer Rebellion every week.

Vote for SydEx: The People's Democratic Republic of Sydenham. Vote for no more immigrants and strict border controls with Nigel stationed at the top of Westwood Hill, Eagle at Kirkdale, move the traffic light phasing down to the Bell Green gyratory to stem any invasion from the east and enlist those terrifying quad bikes into a National Guard to keep the evils of Forest Hill & Penge at bay. Oh and make _HB President for Life. A strong man who won't take stick from no-one.

You know it makes sense. Well maybe a bit more sense than the otherwise upcoming alternatives.

Stuart
Will one need a visa? If so, please can it be made Iris.
Thanks
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Eagle wrote:Lee
On our system the only person who votes for a potential PM are people in their constituency.
Yes, I know. Which is why we have a stupid system that isn't particularly democratic.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Sydenham Syd wrote:Will one need a visa?
No. MasterCard will do. Have you twigged the Greyhound would make a fine future seat of government? Handy for Sainsburys and the ATM. What more could you wish?

Stuart (52% certain)
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

stuart wrote:
No. MasterCard will do. Have you twigged the Greyhound would make a fine future seat of government? Handy for Sainsburys and the ATM. What more could you wish?

Stuart (52% certain)
Apple pay?
If not, I'm leaving for a middle class self-appointed state that does

I have to say, I believe that the true seat in Sydders is the Dolphin. Much more Stormont-like. Lidl also opposite, and shortly Bludgens
stuart

Post by stuart »

Sydenham Syd wrote:
stuart wrote:

Stuart (52% certain)
Apple pay?
And let the beasts of Cupertino know who you blow your dosh on? There may be a move to revert to brown paper envelopes for those who find tax a too taxing burden.

Your Dolphin idea is brilliant. It would leave the Greyhound free to serve as the High Courts of Justice for convicting folks who don't look indigenous enough. With convenient seating for instant punishment overlooking the new stocks on the Kirkdale Roundabout with boundless supplies of fresh (well nearly or not so nearly fresh) fruit from Pay Less opposite.

It just gets better!

Stuart - awaiting details of _HB's new cabinet.
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

Sounds more and more like a Senate/Congress situation, or possibly Lords/Commons. Does that mean you will be able to go to the Greyhound without being elected?
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Interesting idea but does Sydenham actually produce anything others would want to purchase. Not sure too many tourists
would flood in.

Probably even had to import water , as well as most of the food.

Maybe we will discover oil under Homecroft Rd , who knows.

Problem with planning a use for the Greyhound , probably never open.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Sydenham Syd wrote:Sounds more and more like a Senate/Congress situation, or possibly Lords/Commons. Does that mean you will be able to go to the Greyhound without being elected?
Sorry, admittance will be strictly limited. We don't want any freeloading riff-raff from the Thorpes. The only way in will be to say clearly to all and the barman "It's my round".

Understood?

Stuart

PS Eagle. Don't be such a pessimist. This forum alone demonstrates our insatiable capability of generating hot air. We just need to find a way of piping it up to our friends in the Scotia Republic. No more need for fracking, North Sea oil, Chinese nuclear stations etc. We will be quids in!
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

Not very happy with the idea of a People's Democratic Republic of Sydenham. Why not a constitutional monarchy? Much more distinctive. (The heir to the throne could be called Prince of Kirkdale.)

I'd be more than happy to put myself forward for election as king ( by acclamation, of course.) I'm of foreign origins, but there are precedents for that.
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

Robin Orton wrote:Not very happy with the idea of a People's Democratic Republic of Sydenham. Why not a constitutional monarchy? Much more distinctive. (The heir to the throne could be called Prince of Kirkdale.)

I'd be more than happy to put myself forward for election as king ( by acclamation, of course.) I'm of foreign origins, but there are precedents for that.
I'm immediately storming the Greyhound then. Just because it is at the top of the high street, it doesn't mean it should boss the underlings in the Dolphin around.
Shameful.
This constitution already has issues
stuart

Post by stuart »

Sydenham Syd wrote:I'm immediately storming the Greyhound then. Just because it is at the top of the high street, it doesn't mean it should boss the underlings in the Dolphin around.
Shameful.
This constitution already has issues
I think we can persuade King _HB (sorry Robin - bit too late to the party) to not exterminate folks just because they have lived in Mid-Syd for five years or more. Surely that's punishment enough?

Whereas those from Lower Sydenham do present serious issues. Even dropping the biggest Sainsburys in the known universe on them didn't work. Ho -hum.

Stuart
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

Given the fact that Lwr Sydenham is basically going to become a coastal town, doesn't it mean that the Sydenham Independence Party will actually welcome this sort of stuff?

Basically political unity.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

stuart wrote: I think we can persuade King _HB (sorry Robin - bit too late to the party)...
I thought you wanted _HB as prime minister. If my subjects wished to elect him as my chief adviser, I should of course graciously accept.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Robin Orton wrote:I thought you wanted _HB as prime minister. If my subjects wished to elect him as my chief adviser, I should of course graciously accept.
Oh come off it Robin - do let Emperor _HB free to prance around in the all-together. You are a dead-ringer to be the unelected Head of the Civil Service aka the bloke who will really run the People's Democratic Republic in the way they would if only they could.

Can I be your little Bernard?

Stuart
stuart

Post by stuart »

Sydenham Syd wrote:Given the fact that Lwr Sydenham is basically going to become a coastal town, doesn't it mean that the Sydenham Independence Party will actually welcome this sort of stuff?
We don't want any SIPing in the Greyhound. No nancy pints either. Its by the barrel or bust.
Coastal town? Not believing in global warming will not stop the waters rising. Problem solved.

Stuart
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

stuart wrote:
Sydenham Syd wrote:Given the fact that Lwr Sydenham is basically going to become a coastal town, doesn't it mean that the Sydenham Independence Party will actually welcome this sort of stuff?
We don't want any SIPing in the Greyhound. No nancy pints either. Its by the barrel or bust.
Coastal town? Not believing in global warming will not stop the waters rising. Problem solved.

Stuart
Fair
chrisj1948

Post by chrisj1948 »

stuart wrote: awaiting details of _HB's new cabinet.
Bow-fronted, walnut, with brass inlays.

Regards
Chris
stuart

Post by stuart »

chrisj1948 wrote:
stuart wrote: awaiting details of _HB's new cabinet.
Bow-fronted, walnut, with brass inlays.
I didn't know you had met ...

Stuart