Corner of Sydenham High St and Newlands Park

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Matt_G

Corner of Sydenham High St and Newlands Park

Post by Matt_G »

Hi,

Please don't get me wrong - I really like living in Sydenham and I hope this doesnt come across as moaning but...

What are peoples views on the house clearance 'shop' (if you can call it that) on the corner of Newlands Park Rd and Sydenham High Street. I walk past it twice a day and it seems to get worse by the week. There are always old fridges left out for collection and they put so much stuff on the pavement that it causes a constant obstruction. The building itself looks pretty dangerous too.

Having lived near it for the past 4 years I thought it couldn't get worse but last week my wife had to push the pram (and our 4 month old son) into the road to get past all their 2nd hand furniture. It's a shame because it really does spoil the immediately surrounding area.

On a more positive note, I thought the plans for redeveloping the station area and roundabout were great.

Keep up the great work on the forum.

Matt
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

It really brings down the tone of the area as it makes for an unsightly approach to the High Street shops from one of the major roads.

I also live round the corner - A proper shop front would be ideal - does anybody know who the landlords are? If they don't sort it soon, someone will no doubt call trading standards.

In fairness, I did overhear one of the older members asking for the items to be moved from off the actual road but I would not imagine that they have council premission to place items on the footpath at all...