Incident at Sydenham Station

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
KateM

Incident at Sydenham Station

Post by KateM »

does anyone know what is going on along the top end of the high street tonight? Seems to be quite a bit of police activity by Station Approach.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No I don't. But they have cordoned off the pavement and parked cars on the north side of Sydenham Road from about Newlands Park to the Greyhound and the southside of Sydenham Road/Kirkdale/Westwood Hill from Payless to the corner of Lawrie Park Road.

Currently they appear to be photographing the scene and gathering evidence. One can only surmise that whatever happened the people involved traversed that route.

I was in a vehicle so did not have the opportunity to ask.

Admin
mosy

Post by mosy »

Apparently it was a stabbing in the Syd Station area (per policeman at the scene). No other details and I guess we won't get any *frowns*
Last edited by mosy on 6 Jan 2008 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
MiniFox

Post by MiniFox »

My husband has just returned from the shops
The guys in Payless told him that there has been a stabbing. Just hearsay at the moment. Apparently the reason it is cordoned off is to preserve evidence/ footprints
Nice if it's true tho. Nope whoever is involved is ok
Rattykins

Post by Rattykins »

My train pulled up at Sydenham at about 5.40pm but then they didn't open the doors and the train carried onto Penge. So it must have only just happened as the police were still putting up the tape on both sides of the station.

I can't find anything on the BBC London or anywhere yet. So don't know how bad the 'stabbing' was.

I wonder if the station will be open for work tomorrow morning??
simon

Post by simon »

Just been past there and the only bit of the high street now cordoned off is a few shops from Siverdale down to the Newlands Park lights. Station looked fully open so I would guess trains will be stopping as normal in the morning.
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

I really hope its nothing to do with what I saw when driving past Cobbs Corner tonight. Two men started laying into each other whilst a girl who was with them was screaming and trying to break them up. A lot of pedestrians at the bus stop were looking on at this point and a woman crossed the road, as though to intervene.

It just looked like fist fight at that point. I turned into the side road and turned back – when I went back there was no-one to be seen and nothing seemed to be going on.
Keef

Post by Keef »

Got home to Station Approach about 5:15 to be told couldn't go home. Was then told to be careful where I trod near the tape as I was apparently "standing in blood"... I didn't seem to be, but I guess I wouldn't know.

Not sure what happened, but obviously not nice.
Savvy

Post by Savvy »

It was an incident involving two, maybe three young males, possibly known to each other (in a "rival gang" sense) and very likely known to the police. I believe arrests have been made.
goonerchamp

Post by goonerchamp »

I have spoken to my brother(train driver) who tells me via the Station manager at London Bridge who had to attend the scene on Sunday evening !

There was a stabbing in the launderette and the victim ran/stumbled out and headed to the station where they used the emergency comms system to call for help.

That’s all I have at the moment but any updates and I will post them
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If Savvy is correct then hopefully it did not involve 'innocent' people - not that injuring criminals is any better. Can I remind folks that if arrests/charges have been made then it is sub-judice and no names, prejudicial stuff or speculation should be posted. Anything that you did not witness should always be sourced.

Admin
Last edited by admin on 7 Jan 2008 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
sean

Official Statement

Post by sean »

Have spoken to the police and they are going to be issuing a statement soon.
MiniFox

Post by MiniFox »

Did anyone find out any more about this..? Did the police issue a statement?
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

Four black males, two white females, one machete, and one death !!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Martin,

Can you confirm the source of this information. It is a condition of reporting criminal activity here.

Thanks,
admin
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

Hello Admin, yes I shall be glad to forward any information that I can gather from my initial source. He was apparently drinking in the Railway public house at the time of the incident.
Si Blee

Post by Si Blee »

Surely this would have been reported in the news by now if someone had died?
Jules

Post by Jules »

and where are the police boards asking for witnesses ???
user100

Post by user100 »

Didn't you read - they have a witness who was drinking in the Railway Tavern.

Can't ask for finer testimony than that.
Savvy

Post by Savvy »

...it is very frustrating for me that I cannot tell you any more than I have already but I am not allowed to. My previous post still stands, and I can add that no-one died.