New Cafe

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
pip

New Cafe

Post by pip »

Anyone tried the new cafe that has replaced Semas. Any good?
pip

Re: New Cafe

Post by pip »

As no replies to to my post I decided to give it a try myself today. A great addition to the high street is DILZ.
Not suprisingly it is owned and run by a Turkish cypriot family and although not yet on the menu I asked if they could cook me a Menemen which is a Traditional Turkish breakfast or snack dish a bit like spicy scrambled eggs with tomato onions green peppers and green chillies. Very authentic and the first time I have had it outside of Turkey.
I highly recommend this Cafe and will be using again.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Is this the cafe that used to be Tip Top Bakers in 50's and 60's ???

Pity not a Costa Coffee., but I guess not big enough.
pip

Post by pip »

Its on the right as you go up sydenham road on the corner of silverdale just before the bridge.
Oh and the coffee is Illy which tasted good to me but I am no expert.
butters

Post by butters »

Ooh will have to give this a try!

I really love Shirin, which is across the road from On The Hoof, really delicious food but sadly they never seem that busy which is a shame.
monkeyarms

Post by monkeyarms »

pip wrote:As no replies to to my post I decided to give it a try myself today. A great addition to the high street is DILZ.
Not suprisingly it is owned and run by a Turkish cypriot family and although not yet on the menu I asked if they could cook me a Menemen which is a Traditional Turkish breakfast or snack dish a bit like spicy scrambled eggs with tomato onions green peppers and green chillies. Very authentic and the first time I have had it outside of Turkey.
"not yet on the menu" - so it will be soon? sounds delicious
My little boy certainly enjoyed his sausage, beans and halloumi breakfast in there this morning
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

monkeyarms wrote:
pip wrote:As no replies to to my post I decided to give it a try myself today. A great addition to the high street is DILZ.
"not yet on the menu" - so it will be soon? sounds delicious
My little boy certainly enjoyed his sausage, beans and halloumi breakfast in there this morning
#

All food groups represented...eclectic - love that
mosy

Post by mosy »

I keep forgetting that Dilz closes at 5pm (so last orders suitably earlier than that). I did pick up a menu though which has plenty of options to choose from, probably too many if you're a ditherer like me, lol, including a kids menu; also orders can be telephoned in 0208 659 7091.

They have leaflets to take away so can pick one up while passing. As far as I can tell, the whole menu seems to be available for takeaways. They're open "Monday to Sunday".