Sydenham Assembly - 7pm TNG Tuesday 4 October

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Chris Best

Sydenham Assembly - 7pm TNG Tuesday 4 October

Post by Chris Best »

Reminder that the Assembly is this evening starting at 7pm at the TNG, Wells Park Road. We will be discussing priorities for the ward and launching the Assembly Fund. This is your opportunity to raise local issues and Cllr Rachel Onikosi is in the Chair. Link below for more info -
http://councilmeetings.lewisham.gov.uk/ ... 4415&Ver=4
rustya

Re: Sydenham Assembly - 7pm TNG Tuesday 4 October

Post by rustya »

Hi Cllr,

I am unable to attend, work commitments unfortunately.

It would be good to see what is happening with the below,as they are an absolute eyesore to both ends of Sydenham.

A) Greyhound development -and why this has not moved forward
B) The development of the Windmill pub - Last I heard was that it had been deemed as an asset of local community - however the site is still unused, and is derelict !- Why is this ?

Please advise

Thanks
Chris Best

Post by Chris Best »

I will see if the Council has any information from the owners. Both The Greyhound and The Windmill were listed by the Council as Assets of Community Value. The Council received notices of intention to make a relevant disposal and the initial and full moratorium periods have expired. For The Greyhound I understand Purelake are in the process of selling the building to a pub operator and will ask the Councillors in Forest Hill ward if they know the position on The Windmill.
angela53

Post by angela53 »

I understand from a post yesterday under "Greyhound" that Acorn is still showing the Greyhound as being for sale!!
Chris Best

Post by Chris Best »

I have followed up on The Greyhound and Purelake are remarketing as the sale has fallen through - back on the market with Acorn for £720k.

The owners of the Windmill are still in discussion over the layout - they wish to develop the site to provide flats above a commercial unit.

It is up to the owners of vacant property to decide when they submit a planning application and Lewisham Planners are keen to engage on pre-planning applications so that advice can be provided on what might work on a particular site.

At the moment there is a planning application to provide flats in Regents House under permitted development and discussions are underway on the Spring Hill side so we might have the space back in use on the old department store.