No Water

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
alywin

No Water

Post by alywin »

Anyone else on the Penge side suffering from no water?
alywin

Re: No Water

Post by alywin »

Major pipe burst in Leighham Court Road - Streatham - could that be affecting us?
scb

Post by scb »

water pressure very low here in Venner road. enough for a cuppa but not for showers etc.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

No water on Kirkdale, shops or flats. Bought bottled water so I can have tea/coffee :)
stuart

Post by stuart »

Water OK and normal pressure in LPG atm which is strange being between Kirkdale & Penge.

Stuart
angela53

Post by angela53 »

Very low pressure in Byne Road, only a trickle coming out of the tap
Mayowthorpe

Post by Mayowthorpe »

alywin

Post by alywin »

Seems to be back now. Was surprised to see that the problem didn't extend into Penge, given that there was allegedly a leak round by the almshouses.
alywin

Post by alywin »

Water supply went off about half an hour ago (Venner Road "toastrack"). Currently attempting to report to Thames Water. Their website is showing a leak they're aware of somewhere along Newlands Park, but I couldn't see any signs of it.

PS: Anyone know how long it takes for a hot bath to cool to bearable temperature? :)
alywin

Post by alywin »

They're doing leak testing on and off overnight: should be completed by 6 am. Would have been useful if they'd put SE26 on the website list of postcodes they were doing it for, and could have saved me 30 minutes on the phone.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

The water pressure has been low the last few mornings, this morning particularly so. When I got home from work today there was lots of airlocks and the water very cloudy, so run your taps a while before using it as drinking water.
alywin

Post by alywin »

Really - as far as Kirkdale? That's quite a way.

Yes, I've got minorly drenched several times by turning on the tap and having the water suddenly spurt out. Don't know what the problem is.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

alywin wrote:Really - as far as Kirkdale? That's quite a way.

Yup, still getting really low water pressure in the mornings as well.. a week now. There are quite a few leaks reported in the area, hopefully they will patch them up soon.
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

Thames Water are working in 2 places on both sides of Kent House Rd yesterday and today.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

syd-gal wrote:Thames Water are working in 2 places on both sides of Kent House Rd yesterday and today.
Seemed much better this morning, my shower was back to it's normal self!
alywin

Post by alywin »

Pressure back to very low: am still waiting to see if I can take a shower today :(

Edit: reported leak in Lawrie Park Cres., planned maintenance somewhere near Venner Road/Newlands Park junction, which I suspect may be the culprit.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

alywin wrote:Pressure back to very low: am still waiting to see if I can take a shower today :(

Edit: reported leak in Lawrie Park Cres., planned maintenance somewhere near Venner Road/Newlands Park junction, which I suspect may be the culprit.
I have no water at all on Kirkdale opposite the Greyhound pub. I've reported it to Thames Water and made a further complaint abou the low pressure for almost 2 weeks now.
chrisj1948

Post by chrisj1948 »

The region of low pressure had extended to the Sydenham Road / Newlands Park junction by yesterday morning. Too low for the shower heater to cut in, Cold showers are so bracing, are they not?

Regards
Chris
Jacks

Post by Jacks »

There also seems to be very low pressure on Silverdale this morning, it wasn't great yesterday but today is much worse.
scb

Post by scb »

Yes, water pressure has been rubbish for at least a week now where we are on Venner Rd, today is the worst, can't actually run the shower on anything but cold and even that has very little pressure.