Sydenham station - ticket checkers

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Newman

Sydenham station - ticket checkers

Post by Newman »

Has anyone else noticed that those annoying ticket checkers at Sydenham station have vanished in the past couple of weeks?

I recently put in a complaint about them to South Eastern Trains. Perhaps a number of other people have as well, causing them to be moved on to another station. The situation was ridiculous - during the morning rush, you had one, maybe two people selling tickets and a ticket machine that was frequently out of order, and two people checking tickets. What a waste of resources. It was a constant source of irritation having to watch them mill around doing nothing, acting like they were important, whilst I waited in line for a ticket. The final straw came when one of them pushed in front of everyone because she needed some change - obviously far more important than those of us who were waiting to buy tickets. Hopefully they won't resurface at Sydenham station.
Adam

Tickets please

Post by Adam »

Lets hope thats the end of the matter.

As for revenue collection, it's important for the companies and annoys to hell other fare paying customers like me and you when you see people skipping fares.

But the inflexability and general manners of these staff requires addressing. They should have ticket machines and a small float of change to help serve tickets only during busy periods. But I guess because they are a third party they aren't charged with this responsibility.

I saw two 'revenue protection officers' recently from Sydenham to East Croydon, they were very loud in talking to one another and kept putting their feet on the seats opposite. When a girl got on at Anerley without a ticket they pounced. Much to my astonishment the girls reply

'Listen, i'm only going one stop, let me off'

their reply

'Ok, but buy a ticket next time cos we might not be working this route'

Whats the flippin point, whats the flippin point? :o
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

Newman,

I'm sorry to hear of your experience.

I know that you know this but you should complain to Southern Railways and not South Eastern Trains.

You must have been standing in the same line as someone called Jack who reported an identical situation on SE23.com.
Last edited by Daisy on 23 Mar 2005 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
Newman

Post by Newman »

Daisy, my previous post was a bit of an injoke. I have had my problems with the ticket checkers, however, and recently made a complaint about them to the relevant people. No response as of yet, however.