Mugging

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Airies

Mugging

Post by Airies »

Hi All, Just to let you all be aware that I were mugged by 3 black males, 1 was around 6ft and the other 2 were 5.10. I can describe 1 as wearing a silver grey puff jacket with a hoodie and the other 2 had their hoodies on as well, 2 were sitting and the 3rd was standing by the bus stop sign. As I walked pass the bus stop 1 held my arm and the other pounced from behind. They managed to steal a gold chain then all 3 ran straight into countisbury house SE26 6SB stretch.I lost them from there.
This happened around 11:40 - 11:55 am 24/11/2016.
Last edited by Airies on 25 Nov 2016 13:10, edited 1 time in total.
simon

Re: Mugging

Post by simon »

So this happened in about two hours time? Did you report it to the police?
Pally

Post by Pally »

Obviously *Simon* this happened before midnight on 24th!!

I am sorry to hear what happened to you *Airies*! I'm not sure exactly what area of Sydenham you are referring to?
MagmaTimes

Post by MagmaTimes »

Countisbury House is on Crescent Wood Road
Airies

Post by Airies »

I apologise,am in a state of shock still. yes it was the 24th, i have corrected this.
Police arrived, 1 van and 1 car. looked around the area, could not find anything then they left. Took some notes, a criminal number and that was it. I have searched the area although there are reports of anti-social youth in sydenham hill woods. I presume they must have gone through Sydenham hill woods as their route of exit.
I have taken the time to share this experience with you so that you'll be aware of the threat we now face during dark hrs. I made the mistake of walking past these 3 lads when I had the option to cross the road and try avoid them
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Airies
Very sorry to hear this and hope you are feeling better - you certainly shouldn't need to take avoidance action when passing people in the street and I hope those viscious thugs are caught .
A very good afternoon
Nigel
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

Really sorry to hear this. Hope you are ok and that posting helps someone come forward and the "dots" get joined together.
You never know and I am personally grateful for your report.
There aren't that many people who commit these types of offences and we should do more as a community to flush them out and get them re-educated and rehabilitated.
owlwise

Post by owlwise »

Yes, Airies. I'm very grateful that you put it up on this forum as it often helps to know what's happening in the areas we live so that we can be extra vigilant for our personal safety and also to get these rotters caught. So thank you for sharing.

Hope you soon get over the shock of the incident and don't let the b*stards get you down!
oluwababe

Post by oluwababe »

Did one of the people that mugged you are blacka nd look kinda somalian