bollards - as it were

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Nigel

bollards - as it were

Post by Nigel »

I realise we have discussed this before and I know that some people see bollards on the edges of pavements as somehow defacing the street.
I however find cars and vans in the middle of the pavement ( one tonight outside the flats by sainsbury - slap centre of pavement ) infinitely more defacing and reminiscent of a developing country with no laws or expectations where those with the power do what they want and everyone shuts up .
Much as it pains to me to say I think we have become a culture that will do anything unless there is a physical barrrier to doing so .

My preference would be income generation - not a dirty word in my view - e.g. Active enforcement : £100 spot fine - no possible defence or appeal- either pay immediately or tow - 7 days to pay then crush .

Failing that I think the pavements are places that pedestrians will use with permission of ignorant , yob drivers - basically man -babies with wheels .

Anyone interested in raising this in some way ?
A very good evening
Nigel
JRobinson

Re: bollards - as it were

Post by JRobinson »

a nice idea in theory, but in practice there just isn't the resource to police this.