Police incident last night

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
El Cid

Police incident last night

Post by El Cid »

Does anyone know what happened near The Dolphin last night? When I drove past at around 11 pm, a section of the road was sealed off by the police.
RJM

Re: Police incident last night

Post by RJM »

RTA of some sort - I think a fairly major one. We went past about half 8 and there were police and an ambulance (and a crowd watching the paramedics work :( ).
alywin

Post by alywin »

Yes, buses were diverted due to an RTA at or on Mayow Road.
stuart

Post by stuart »

That would make it the third serious incident recently. The first took out a cyclist. The second a scooterist. I've had a road rage nutter there myself who thought the ASL was for the exclusive use of her 4x4.

Not good.

Stuart
Mayowthorpe

Post by Mayowthorpe »

stuart

Post by stuart »

How sad. How devastating that will be to the victim's family this Christmas. And probably too the driver. One has to wonder whether the 20 mph limit was being observed and it was an unfortunate outcome or whether it was not and contributed to the force of the impact.

The problem with this and other fatal incidents in Sydenham is we seldom get to hear the forensic reports. The police usually carefully measure any skid marks and the condition of the brakes, the vision, the lights etc so some conclusions can be drawn. Aviation (a much more dangerous environment) has been made very safe due to pilots learning from previous crashes to avoid repetition.

Whereas drivers go on killing blindly. RIP old man.

Stuart