Is Sir Steve Bullock a crook

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
syd

Re: Is Sir Steve Bullock a crook

Post by syd »

Well it gets better. The outrageous behaviour the Sir Steve is not what lewisham needs.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... yor-london
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

If true a disgrace.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Eagle wrote:If true a disgrace.
You are so right Eagle. Steve is certainly no Joanna Lumley ...

Stuart
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Update here

Disappointingly for some, the answer may be no.
originalfunkbrother

Post by originalfunkbrother »

Tim Lund wrote:Update here

Disappointingly for some, the answer may be no.
This is incredible.
Pally

Post by Pally »

I'd say No he isn't. Agree its defamatory!!
Chris Best

Post by Chris Best »

Below is the link to the independent inquiry carried out by the former Supreme Court Judge Lord Dyson -

https://newbermondseysurreycanalindepen ... r-2017.pdf

Lord Dyson’s inquiry has concluded: "there was no impropriety, lack of due diligence or breach of a code of practice on the part of any council officer or councillor in relation to the decisions to make a compulsory purchase order.”

This is the third set of independent findings this year following allegations about the New Bermondsey development. In August 2017 the independent Charity Commission rejected allegations of money laundering, tax avoidance and conflicts of interest within the Surrey Canal Sports Foundation. And in September 2017 a judge-led Tribunal rejected 14 allegations of wrongdoing by Lewisham Council following a Freedom of Information request about the New Bermondsey development.

Now Lord Dyson’s independent Inquiry report has been published we urge all parties involved in the New Bermondsey development to work together to agree a way forward to bring much-needed new jobs and homes to the area and ensure Millwall FC is based in Lewisham for generations to come.
simon

Post by simon »

That's great that the inquiry has found that everything is in order Chris. Do you think we may now find out who the shareholders and directors of Renewal are?
Chris Best

Post by Chris Best »

Simon from the reports to Mayor and Cabinet and in the Dyson Inquiry we know that Renewal Group Limited (registered in the Isle of Man) is a 100% subsidiary of Renewal Holdings Limited (also registered in the Isle of Man) which in turn is owned on a 50/50 basis by Incorporated Holdings Ltd (IHL) (registered in the Isle of Man) and Independent Advisors Incorporated (IAA) (registered in the British Virgin Isles).

Renewal has confirmed that IAI is ultimately controlled by the Mushtaq Malik Family Trust and that IHL is ultimately controlled by the Jack Petchey charitable trust. We know that Mustaq Malik and his daughter Jordana are Directors in Renewal.

Millwall Football Club operates as part of Millwall Holdings PLC, a UK company which is 70% owned by Chestnut Hill Ventures LLC, a private equity firm based in the US. Chestnut Hill’s chairman and chief executive is John Berylson, who is also chairman of Millwall FC and routinely described as its owner.

Chestnut Hill’s address is in Wellesley, Massachusetts, but is registered for tax purposes in the state of Delaware

Dave Hill has written a piece on tax havens of Renewal and Millwall - http://www.onlondon.co.uk/millwall-and- ... and-white/ which you may find interesting.
Pally

Post by Pally »

Thankyou for posting the facts about the enquiry Chris. Admin can I suggest this post is retitled or has a note added, it is unfortunate to Sa the least and extremely unfair on Steve Bullock!!!
stuart

Post by stuart »

Pally wrote:Thankyou for posting the facts about the enquiry Chris. Admin can I suggest this post is retitled or has a note added, it is unfortunate to Sa the least and extremely unfair on Steve Bullock!!!
I disagree Pally. I think it tells us more about posters who anticipate evidence that doesn't always meet expectations than about the mayor. I have always found him a personable and open guy. Hence my surprise at the initial claims. They have been tested and its open for the OP to come back with some stronger evidence if they wish to maintain the claim.

Or am I over reacting when 'crooked' in political terms has been devalued across the pond to mean - someone I despise and wish was guilty of something, anything?

Stuart
Pally

Post by Pally »

My concern is the title when no evidence has been forthcoming, the opposite in fact. It is unfair!