Seeking developers/biz owners/entrepreneurs for SE6 sites

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
louisecbrooks

Seeking developers/biz owners/entrepreneurs for SE6 sites

Post by louisecbrooks »

My colleague Nicky Chambers and I are consulting with Lewisham Council again following our success of securing the brilliant Little Nan's Bar for the Broadway Theatre cafe and bars. We are now seeking similarly exciting propositions to reanimate a number of key sites in Catford town centre. With the wide scale regeneration of Catford planned for 2020/21 Lewisham Council currently have a number of sites available for meanwhile use and longterm lease.

These spaces offer wide possibilities for diverse, creative, commercial, residential and mixed-used occupation. The hope for these developments is to inject a new burst of life and creativity into some of Catford’s derelict and unused spaces, helping to bring new talent, opportunities and resources to the local area. Developments will help to catalyse the re-invigoration of Catford town centre, and meet Lewisham Council priorities for local regeneration, growth and investment.

The three spaces are:

1) Thomas Lane Depot, Catford, SE6 4RZ

2) 17-18 Catford Broadway, SE6 4SN

3) The Brookdale Club, Brookdale Road, Catford, SE6 4JY

Full details of the opportunities can be found on Lewisham Council website here: http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea...m ... tford.aspx. Viewings are scheduled for:

Tuesday 24 January

Friday 27 January

Expressions of Interest should be submitted by 7th February 2017. Contact Louise or Nicky for further information at lewishamcouncilproperties@bakelondon.co.uk.
Pally

Re: Seeking developers/biz owners/entrepreneurs for SE6 site

Post by Pally »

Has anyone ever seen anything like this for all the Sydenham vacant stes?
monkeyarms

Post by monkeyarms »

No, Pally, never. It would have been great, for example, if Lewisham Council had put that (Royal Mail?) building on Silverdale up for Temporary Use tenders. What a great gallery/studio space it could have made. Am I right in thinking its been sold/under offer?
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

monkeyarms wrote:No, Pally, never. It would have been great, for example, if Lewisham Council had put that (Royal Mail?) building on Silverdale up for Temporary Use tenders. What a great gallery/studio space it could have made. Am I right in thinking its been sold/under offer?
Equally, does anyone know what is happening to the old Connaught Leisure building on the High St?
I thought I had seen a building notice there, but appears to have vanished this morning

Btw, I realise this has come up on a different thread before, but before the thread police get hold of me, there wasn't really a concrete answer. Someone said flats.
RJM

Post by RJM »

Connaught Leisure - offices with flats above, it appears:

http://planning.lewisham.gov.uk/online- ... CAPR_85614
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

Thanks - looks like a vast improvement!
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

Interesting that they have included those whizzy new solar tiles on the East elevation - surely the west side will get more sun, the south side being unavailable? Weird
louisecbrooks

Post by louisecbrooks »

The spaces Lewisham Council has bought and is offering for meanwhile use are due for redevelopment as part of the Catford regen masterplan. The 2 high street properties they owned anyway, but they are taking a new direction when looking for new tenants now in that they are actively seeking businesses and organisations that meet their regen criteria.
monkeyarms

Post by monkeyarms »

Lewisham actually bought those spaces? I just assumed that they were working with the owners, acting as kind of temporary-use brokers. Lewisham Council must really love Catford! I thought most cash-strapped, cuts-beleaugured London councils were generally selling off properties rather than buying them and only offering them to proposals that fit regeneration criteria.
louisecbrooks

Post by louisecbrooks »

I think they already owned one/some of the spaces. At least one had a CPO (I think) for the planned redevelopment of Catford town centre. It's a wide scale plan that's been in the pipeline for a number of years: https://www.lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/re ... fault.aspx. Actual redevelopment planned for 2020/21. I believe there is a masterplan for the development in the making at the moment, which I'm guessing will go through many iterations before we see the finished product.

I am just a lowly consultant engaged to reanimate empty spaces however and not 'the council' or a politician in the know. So don't take my word as gospel...