Foxes!

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
MagmaTimes

Foxes!

Post by MagmaTimes »

Morning all

I'm just wondering if any board members are bothered by the - frankly unbelievable - noise of the wild fox orgies that are going on in the back gardens of the houses on Spring Hill and Peak Hill Gardens this past couple of months. Despite the occasional night of no activity serving as blessed relief, we are frequently delirious with sleeplessness. I've never heard anything like it!

Anyone got any suggestions as to how the foxes could be persuaded to move on?!
Parker1970

Re: Foxes!

Post by Parker1970 »

MagmaTimes wrote:Morning all

I'm just wondering if any board members are bothered by the - frankly unbelievable - noise of the wild fox orgies that are going on in the back gardens of the houses on Spring Hill and Peak Hill Gardens this past couple of months. Despite the occasional night of no activity serving as blessed relief, we are frequently delirious with sleeplessness. I've never heard anything like it!

Anyone got any suggestions as to how the foxes could be persuaded to move on?!
The only legal way to lure them away is to wear a sexy number like this:-

Sorry! Could not resist!

In all seriousness, the only deterents are more preventative than anything else. Blocking holes in fences, not leaving food/rubbish around etc. I can't find anything online that deters foxes from areas sadly.
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

Fox mating season should be over soon.......... starts in Jan so shouldn't last much longer!
owlwise

Post by owlwise »

Foxes are gorgeous creatures that live among us. We are blessed to have them around.

Please give them some slack.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

owlwise wrote:Foxes are gorgeous creatures that live among us. We are blessed to have them around.

Please give them some slack.
They are one of the best rat/mice handlers around, so they certainly have some benefits :)