RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Pally

Re: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by Pally »

Thankyou for the explanation Stuart!!
prince

Post by prince »

I have just rung the Lewisham planning department who have informed me that they are now awaiting a revised transport note from the applicant for they do not think that the revised one submitted in August was adequate.

It is now 6.5 months since this application was originally submitted.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I was recently asked by a council to explain how a sign would be removed from a building. I literally had to write on the planning application 'to be removed by unscrewing the sign with a screwdriver attached to a drill'
Pally

Post by Pally »

rod taylor wrote:
leenewham wrote: 'to be removed by unscrewing the sign with a screwdriver attached to a drill'
...that's gonna need a risk assesment.
In triplicate!
stuart

Post by stuart »

leenewham wrote:I was recently asked by a council to explain how a sign would be removed from a building. I literally had to write on the planning application 'to be removed by unscrewing the sign with a screwdriver attached to a drill'
Sorry, goin' to have to reject that laddy coz the average screwdriver ain't going to do the job.

I want to know if it is a Pozi, Torx, Pan or Cross head. Plus a sustainability report for the supply of said heads across the expected life of the sign plus 20% contingency and how you expect to achieve the required council carbon neutral targets with an electric driver without a dedicated and demonstrable contract from a 100% renewable power company.

Alternatively you could sign up one of the lads who hangs around the station and has been extremely efficient at removing the Welcome to Sydenham signs and maps. I gather they do it pro bono.

Your local panning officer.
syd

Post by syd »

prince wrote:I have just rung the Lewisham planning department who have informed me that they are now awaiting a revised transport note from the applicant for they do not think that the revised one submitted in August was adequate.

Thanks for your work on this
prince

Post by prince »

syd wrote:
prince wrote:I have just rung the Lewisham planning department who have informed me that they are now awaiting a revised transport note from the applicant for they do not think that the revised one submitted in August was adequate.

Thanks for your work on this
Thanks for your kind words Syd. Just trying to move this forward and to do this we need to get some answers.

For information I manage a number of major regeneration and growth programmes for another authority. My Council's approach is somewhat different to my experience todate with this Council.
Last edited by prince on 5 Sep 2017 17:18, edited 1 time in total.
Pally

Post by Pally »

As a comparison of would be interesting to know how long it took for Wetherspoons to get permission for their premises in Forest Hill ....I know its a different company to Nandos and no idea if it does takeaway, but the general points made on here about how slow things are specifically in Sydenham, a comparison would be interesting! Is it a Lewisham problem or a Sydenham problem when things seem to take so long?
Sydenhamman

Post by Sydenhamman »

Hello admin. Please can this be made a sticky. Thanks
parker

Post by parker »

Sydenhamman wrote:Hello admin. Please can this be made a sticky. Thanks
Am I right in thinking we don't have the same admin person as before?
Mayowthorpe

Post by Mayowthorpe »

Any update on the cinema part of this rumour?

Or is that wishful thinking?
Larky

Post by Larky »

Keep thinking that the space in the upstairs Neighbourhood Centre would be good for a cinema when not being used
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

The Sydenham film club uses the Sydenham Centre ( no longer Naborhood Centre ) having moved from the Grove Centre - its once a month but a great opportunity to see film you probably would never see and should be supported to the maximum .
There seems to be a lot of enthusiasm for the idea of cinema in Sydenham but that doesn't always seem to translate into bums on seats ( or as many bums as there could be . I've seen some great Japanese cinema , Jacques Tati , The Artist , small British cinema and much more there . Something for everyone as they say .
All you need to know is on their site : http://www.sydenhamfilmclub.org

A very good morning
Nigel
prince

Post by prince »

I understand from the planner dealing with the case that they are requiring further clarification about the takeaway/delivery service associated with Nandos - on what basis I do not understand.

The planner says if they do not receive this information they are minded to grant planning permission with a condition to restrict takeaways/deliveries. Obviously this will be unattractive to Nandos.

I have discussed this with other planners in my authority. Our advice to Nandos would be to proceed and get the planning consent and then appeal the condition, which we strongly feel would be upheld for we do not think it is reasonable. I will be writing to Nandos accordingly.
mosy

Post by mosy »

Thanks prince for your latest assessment and proposal which sounds very encouraging if it flies. It makes a lot of sense since Nando's objective is to open a restaurant.

It seems anomalous that if a council planner is working in the public's best interest that said public is not allowed to know on what exactly as regards sticking points.
syd

Post by syd »

mosy wrote:Thanks prince for your latest assessment and proposal which sounds very encouraging if it flies. It makes a lot of sense since Nando's objective is to open a restaurant.

It seems anomalous that if a council planner is working in the public's best interest that said public is not allowed to know on what exactly as regards sticking points.
Agree thanks Prince. The planner seems to have no real interest in Sydenham

Edit

And the fact that this is still not a sticky is worrying.
prince

Post by prince »

Dear admin. Please can you make this a sticky! Thank you
D-W

Post by D-W »

Admin. Not sure if there is an issue here. Can you please make this a sticky thread?
syd

Post by syd »

prince wrote:I understand from the planner dealing with the case that they are requiring further clarification about the takeaway/delivery service associated with Nandos - on what basis I do not understand.

The planner says if they do not receive this information they are minded to grant planning permission with a condition to restrict takeaways/deliveries. Obviously this will be unattractive to Nandos.

I have discussed this with other planners in my authority. Our advice to Nandos would be to proceed and get the planning consent and then appeal the condition, which we strongly feel would be upheld for we do not think it is reasonable. I will be writing to Nandos accordingly.
Hi Prince any news from Nando's?
parker

Post by parker »

syd wrote:
prince wrote:I understand from the planner dealing with the case that they are requiring further clarification about the takeaway/delivery service associated with Nandos - on what basis I do not understand.

Hi Prince any news from Nando's?
Yes, Prince Peri-Peri, what's happening? Can you tell us more about the f**ktard still standing in the way of this also?