RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham

Moderator: frenzarin

Post Reply
DanW
Posts: 82
Joined: 25 Oct 2007 17:10
Location: Sydenham

Re: sticky: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by DanW » 23 Feb 2018 13:09

Apparently the 400 Rabbits rumour is not correct - sorry folks!

prince
Posts: 220
Joined: 23 Mar 2016 17:57
Location: London

Re: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by prince » 26 Feb 2018 15:27

I am not quite sure why this doesn’t appear to be a sticky anymore. Any reason admin?

Anyhow the latest from Nandos is that they plan to be on site in early Summer!

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2523
Joined: 20 Sep 2004 21:49

Re: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by admin » 26 Feb 2018 17:48

prince, I was asked to unmake it as a sticky as the subject seemed to be settled, the thread had gone quiet!

Can't please all of you can I?

Cheers

admin

parker
Posts: 552
Joined: 26 Mar 2009 21:15
Location: Sydenham Wells

Re: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by parker » 26 Feb 2018 20:44

admin wrote:prince, I was asked to unmake it as a sticky as the subject seemed to be settled, the thread had gone quiet!

Can't please all of you can I?

Cheers

admin
After all the ups and downs of this, I don’t think it should really become ‘unsticky’ until the place is open... like the Greyhound? (which is still a sticky!)

SydenhamOwl
Posts: 89
Joined: 20 Jan 2017 15:26
Location: Sydenham

Re: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by SydenhamOwl » 27 Feb 2018 11:23

prince wrote:I am not quite sure why this doesn’t appear to be a sticky anymore. Any reason admin?

Anyhow the latest from Nandos is that they plan to be on site in early Summer!
Does 'on-site in early summer' mean begining building works/fitting out the building or does it mean they plan to open then? I appreciate they may not have said either way but just checking.

Pat Trembath
Posts: 613
Joined: 2 Oct 2004 10:54

Re: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by Pat Trembath » 27 Feb 2018 11:34

Looked very much like they were on site measuring up this morning.... I counted 6 people inside/outside with clip boards

KEVD
Posts: 84
Joined: 19 Feb 2012 11:31
Location: Sydenham

Re: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by KEVD » 27 Feb 2018 14:47

That's good looks like things are moving forward.

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2523
Joined: 20 Sep 2004 21:49

Re: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by admin » 27 Feb 2018 15:52

OK, Parker, you're right...it's back to a sticky. I've unsticky-ed the Greyhound also.

admin

prince
Posts: 220
Joined: 23 Mar 2016 17:57
Location: London

Re: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by prince » 27 Feb 2018 17:15

SydenhamOwl wrote:
prince wrote:I am not quite sure why this doesn’t appear to be a sticky anymore. Any reason admin?

Anyhow the latest from Nandos is that they plan to be on site in early Summer!
Does 'on-site in early summer' mean begining building works/fitting out the building or does it mean they plan to open then? I appreciate they may not have said either way but just checking.
Hello sydenhamowl,

By on site I mean when they will be commencing their fit out, which I understand will take about 3-4 months.

Best

SydenhamOwl
Posts: 89
Joined: 20 Jan 2017 15:26
Location: Sydenham

Re: RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by SydenhamOwl » 28 Feb 2018 11:46

prince wrote:
SydenhamOwl wrote:
prince wrote:I am not quite sure why this doesn’t appear to be a sticky anymore. Any reason admin?

Anyhow the latest from Nandos is that they plan to be on site in early Summer!
Does 'on-site in early summer' mean begining building works/fitting out the building or does it mean they plan to open then? I appreciate they may not have said either way but just checking.
Hello sydenhamowl,

By on site I mean when they will be commencing their fit out, which I understand will take about 3-4 months.

Best
OK thanks. So should be open around September October then. Good news!

The Clown
Posts: 357
Joined: 8 Apr 2005 14:04
Location: Sydenham

Re: sticky:RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by The Clown » 1 Mar 2018 09:06

I tweeted them yesterday and received a “nothing set in stone yet” response. I was advised to keep an eye on their website ref new openings

sophie
Posts: 331
Joined: 8 May 2005 16:50
Location: Sydenham

Re: sticky:RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by sophie » 27 Mar 2018 21:38

Early summer in which year? :lol:

nicknack
Posts: 30
Joined: 12 Jun 2013 14:54
Location: United Kingdom

Re: sticky:RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by nicknack » 28 Mar 2018 10:27

I noticed there's an application from Nando's stuck to the door today

parker
Posts: 552
Joined: 26 Mar 2009 21:15
Location: Sydenham Wells

Re: sticky:RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by parker » 28 Mar 2018 16:27

It makes you wonder whether Lewisham were the ones that were slow to progress in the planning stage. I’m hoping there is a lot of work going on behind the hoardings during the day that I’m not around to see and anything yet to come will be more about the cosmetic fit-out.

JRW
Posts: 334
Joined: 18 Jun 2015 15:01

Re: sticky:RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by JRW » 30 Mar 2018 21:28

Nandos have gone into the red because their capital costs have exploded with huge expansion here and abroad. Maybe they are OK about this branch being on the back burner for a few months, to help their accounts look better till the new financial year?

Northernlad
Posts: 3
Joined: 14 Feb 2018 17:52
Location: Sydenham

Re: sticky:RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by Northernlad » 1 Apr 2018 20:08

Hi JRW .. glad to confirm that’s not the case .. we are just waiting for the landlord to complete his enabling works within the unit . As you can probably appreciate , this has been a tricky development for them to get change of use (to A3) and get the necessary planning applications approved . We are very excited to be coming ! ...

SydLowe
Posts: 6
Joined: 25 Mar 2018 14:02
Location: Sydenham

Re: sticky:RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by SydLowe » 18 Apr 2018 13:16

Lots of work going on inside yesterday. I think estimated completion is around November?

prince
Posts: 220
Joined: 23 Mar 2016 17:57
Location: London

Re: sticky:RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by prince » 19 Apr 2018 17:01

By way of an update.

The good news.... many of the pre conditions relating to the planning consent have now been approved by the local planning authority.

As you will have noticed Nandos have applied for a premises licence to sell alcohol - I can see no reason why they might not get this.

The owner of the premises is also underaking strip out and other work to get the premises ready for Nandos fit out.

The slightly not so good news - the conservation officer has requested a number of design revisions to the shop front and signage. I do not know what they were but the original designs looked pretty impressive to me.

Over and out

leenewham
Posts: 5886
Joined: 2 Sep 2007 11:58
Location: SYDENHAM
Contact:

Re: sticky:RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by leenewham » 19 Apr 2018 22:07

Nandos signage and shop front design was really good and really didn't need any amends. I hope they haven't made it too sanitised.

Growsydenham
Posts: 89
Joined: 27 Jan 2018 09:23
Location: sydenham

Re: sticky:RUMOURS: CINEMA AND NANDOS COMING TO SYDENHAM

Post by Growsydenham » 20 Apr 2018 06:46

Thanks for the update Prince.
This was raised by the executive at the Syd Soc AGM in passing. There’s a desire to ensure the signage is in keeping with the conservation area, so I believe there is a dialogue there. Although the executive also stressed they don’t want to prevent Nando’s or Mamma Dough from going forward at all.

Post Reply