Development near station

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
SydenhamOwl

Development near station

Post by SydenhamOwl »

Does anyone know what is going on with the flats development on the high st (the same side as PFC/Tesco but a little further up toward the station)?

I think on the hoarding in front it says 'Arnem Court' or something but there is also picture of a retail unit on the front. At the moment its a 'Giraffe' restuarant. Does anyone know if this this just an 'example' of what could theoretically take up occupency or has it been confirmed that that's what will be there?

I've been to Giraffe once in living memory - thought it was quite nice and would be a welcome addition.
Zsazsa

Re: Development near station

Post by Zsazsa »

If you look really carefully at the hoarding it is not actually a Giraffe restaurant, just a sign in the style of.....so I think it is unlikely. WHat ever it is so long as it is open I am sure it will be a welcome addition.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

It's just a visual. They did it for the Greyhound. Funnily enough they don't visualise estate agents in these places!

I hope they don't leave them as boarded up empty shells as the building in Kirkdale or the ones next to the Greyhound.

if the Sydenham Society are looking at this, then perhaps they may consider some artwork on the empty hoardings. There is a large format printer in Sydenham that can print these.
Pally

Post by Pally »

*Lee Newham* Good idea re hoardings and posters!