H E L P !

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Saucebox

H E L P !

Post by Saucebox »

Hello everyone

I'm a local, amateur, classically trained, octagenarian lyric baritone. Until recently I've never once had a problem with neighbours, anywhere (in the various locations in which I've lived), regarding the daily necessity to practise singing exercises and rehearse songs/arias etc., etc. However, without wearying you with the details, suffice to say that, latterly, a new resident in the block in which I live adamantly objects to my activity, the result being that I simply must find a small space elsewhere in which to (vitally) carry on my requirements in this connection. I've approached just about every area church - including those in which I've given lunchtime recitals - but although they're all sympathetic to my plight none of them are able to assist finding me a cubby-hole in which to practise. Being a pensioner on a small/fixed income I'm not in a position to hire a room so, 'impossible' as I appreciate my quest is, I'm in great need of somewhere to facilitate my described circumstantial requirements. It doesn't matter if it is indeed, metaphorically speaking, a cubby-hole but of course the purpose for which I use the space will, inescapably, be a noisy one, for obvious reasons.... On average, six days a week (Mon-Sat) I envisage a minimum of an hour each time though longer would be wonderful, were that possible. I have charity concerts coming up, for instance, and I must needs put in the preparatory donkey-work. Given my advanced age I'm exceedingly fortunate to still be able to vocally 'deliver' at all so I'm driven by the carpe diem maxim.

Anyone abble to assist or got any ideas I haven't yet explored?

Best wishes, folks

David
stone-penge

Re: H E L P !

Post by stone-penge »

You could try The Mansion house in Beckenham Place Park, its now being run as an arts center by the person who used to run the Blackheath Conservatoire:Sydney Thornbury.

PM me for an email addrress
Saucebox

Re: H E L P !

Post by Saucebox »

Hello. Thank you very much for this interesting info. Appreciated. Yes, please let me have that email address detail.