old budgens

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
SydenhamOwl

Re: old budgens

Post by SydenhamOwl »

Such a depressing site. I'd honestly rather it turned into flats with a retail at the bottom (like Zanara Court). Anything would look better than what it looks like now.
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

A while ago I posted a possible solution of some kind of youth centre / cafe bar/ pool hall / arcade games type place would work well there. I didn't write a business plan, or anything, so don't know if it would work financially, but the space would work for a few pool tables, maybe table tennis, table football, possibly have some electronic games of some kind, and a cafe, comfy seating area (maybe a bar, but there's extra cost, paperwork, etc with selling alcohol)
alywin

Post by alywin »

Steveofsyd wrote:Most of the supermarkets one way or another offer the same brands albeit at different offer prices. Some have a smattering if their own meals but none offer the M&S Fresh foods. That’s why M&S would be a good choice as it’s different and very popular. It doesn’t really compete for the same customers. People would travel for an M&S and as someone said the nearest is Beckenham or Lordship Lane with Bromley further still.
That's very true - and the Beckenham branch doesn't cover the full range, as I discovered last weekend. They do far better ready meals than Waitrose, I was surprised to note.
Andyb

Post by Andyb »

Having spent nearly last 30 years working in the old shop under many different company’s id like to see a marks and Spencer food hall but god they will need good security and it was crazy even with budgens for shoplifting still think coop should go back but after a whole refit with bigger fridges and wider aisles,tills and kiosk moved!