Horrible noisy bikes

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
syd-gal

Horrible noisy bikes

Post by syd-gal »

Those horrible noisy quad bikes/ATVs and ordinary bikes have been out in Lower Sydenham several times over the last couple of weeks and are out now a I type this. They seem to hang out in the industrial estate. The other day I saw them doing wheelies etc up and down the road. I'm surprised people living nearby don't complain.
I guess we will have to put up with them for the rest of the summer. :(
MagmaTimes

Re: Horrible noisy bikes

Post by MagmaTimes »

They've been around for as long as I've lived in Syd which is coming up five years now. When I lived just on the corner of Kent House Road and Sydenham Road they were out all night most nights just doing laps down Kent House Road, up the High Street and eventually coming round again. Really annoying. Having said that, I've seen them doing wheelies and that in the industrial estate when I've gone down there to tend the allotment and I personally have no problem with that as long as they're being relatively responsible.They're just bored kids, innit.
alywin

Post by alywin »

If it's the same people, then they've been around the Penge/Beckenham area too. I saw some idiots racing down Beckenham Road near Kent House a few days ago.
owlwise

Post by owlwise »

They make too much noise. Can't be legal.
alywin

Post by alywin »

alywin wrote:If it's the same people, then they've been around the Penge/Beckenham area too. I saw some idiots racing down Beckenham Road near Kent House a few days ago.
And again yesterday, or possibly the day before. One very flat, broad-looking quad bike.
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

It was Fri night. Yesterday Sat they didn't seem to be out.