London Overground night extension

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
SydenhamOwl

London Overground night extension

Post by SydenhamOwl »

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/transpor ... 78261.html

Unfortunately the image on this story is deceptive as it will only go as far as New Cross Gate. Any night buses from New Cross Gate to Syd?
bensonby

Re: London Overground night extension

Post by bensonby »

No. But the 171 will get you as far as the South Circular and the Junction with Brockley rise.
Likelife

Post by Likelife »

I would expect TfL to change Night Buses through NXG to adapt for 24 hour services, like they already have done for the Night Tube lines.

Dalston to the New Cross's is the only part of London Overground infrastructure owned by TfL instead of Network Rail, so its not as easy as it may seem to run 24hrs down through Sydenham. That being said, 24 hour Thameslink services will pass through once again at least a few days a week (albeit without stopping), once the Thameslink upgrade is complete. If Network Rail, TfL and Thameslink can agree on Fridays and Saturdays, 24 hour services to Sydenham should possible.
JayB

Post by JayB »

Due to the reasons that Likelife states it looks unlikely it will be easy to extend the night line down to us.Network rail say they need night access for their repairs. LOL. I think we will have a very long wait for TFL and Network rail to agree on anything as their rivalry appears to be a stubborn obstacle over many cases being resolved ot the passengers' benefit.

I think we would perhaps do better to lobby for TFL to adapt the night bus services out of NXG to come down this line. I will email TfL, our MP and the Mayor's office to ask what plans there may be, The more the better! It would be great if Sydenham could be active and get in early, rather than just reacting to what ever we end up with.