Squatters?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
GFA

Squatters?

Post by GFA »

Does anyone know the situation with the group of East Europeans who seem to have taken up residence at the old Quaker hall in Queensthorpe Road? They seem to have appeared overnight!
coll

Re: Squatters?

Post by coll »

I was just going to post about this. I past just a moment ago. There is a tent set up, a VERY large amount of cider and what looks like to contents of a moving van that have been dumped there. Its always something new and interesting here is SE26! :lol:
Mayowthorpe

Post by Mayowthorpe »

Popup squatters :lol:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Just think, after Brexit we may not have the luxury of east European squatters and remoaners will no doubt complain that English squatters simply lack the application and appetite for hard work to break in and occupy vacant buildings and houses .

Not to sound too prosaic , but is anyone actually trying to facilitate their departure ?

A very good evening
Nigel
monkeyarms

Post by monkeyarms »

Sigh... whatever you think of squatters, whether or not they happen to be East European has nothing to do with it.
Whether your neighbours are annoying or whether they're a joy to live next to, their nationality or race is irrelevant.
marky.com

Post by marky.com »

Nigel wrote:Not to sound too prosaic , but is anyone actually trying to facilitate their departure ?
I doubt it - we're all far too busy hanging around on internet forums, pushing our Daily Mail-esque soundbite-riddled brexiteer agendas and maligning the entirety of a region's people based on the actions of a few.
syenhamboy

Post by syenhamboy »

GFA wrote:Does anyone know the situation with the group of East Europeans who seem to have taken up residence at the old Quaker hall in Queensthorpe Road? They seem to have appeared overnight!
The situation as I understand it seems to be that a group of Eastern Europeans seem to have taken up residence appearing overnight at the old Quaker Hall in Queensthorpe Road.
syenhamboy

Post by syenhamboy »

Nigel wrote:Just think, after Brexit we may not have the luxury of east European squatters and remoaners will no doubt complain that English squatters simply lack the application and appetite for hard work to break in and occupy vacant buildings and houses .

Not to sound too prosaic , but is anyone actually trying to facilitate their departure ?

A very good evening
Nigel
Prosaic? PMSL
syenhamboy

Post by syenhamboy »

GFA wrote:Does anyone know the situation with the group of East Europeans who seem to have taken up residence at the old Quaker hall in Queensthorpe Road? They seem to have appeared overnight!
I am currently in the process of rounding up some fellow human beings to get some food hampers and crates of cider and join in a good old Welcoming English Knees-Up, any others with me?
syenhamboy

Post by syenhamboy »

Maybe we can facilitate Nigel's departure too.
Prosaic, that's tickled me, might try and get that into a sentence next work meeting.
mosy

Post by mosy »

Am I the only one who thought Nigel's comment was funny? It made me grin anyway.
It was a skit on lazy English after all, not diligent Eastern Europeans, plus poking fun at the English propensity to find something to complain about being always happier when complaining...

I've no doubt this thread will run rife with complainers up in arms if damage starts as happened at Girton Rd car park. Fingers crossed that the property is respected.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Mosy, thank you for that - I do try . In retrospect I should have included some kind of irony warning for the hard-of-thinking but I think this post has been a bit of a triumph for logic anyway .
It seems you can care deeply about the thousands of people who are homeless or in sub-standard accomodation this country and at the same time welcome people from unspecified parts of the world who will take that potential home by dint of force. Obviously a few provisos , like you must agree that BREXIT is a disaster and an expression of formless and limitless hate, also you must subscribe to the view that any criticism of wrongdoing by people from abroad (god knows what " race" I have offended here) is actually racist .

Anyway , next week I will prove this newfound logic by spending the same ten quid on 20 Marlboro Red , and at the same time a bottle of Malbec , a pasty from the Cake Store and a copy of the Sporting Life .

A very good afternoon

Nigel
Last edited by Nigel on 9 Jul 2017 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Syemboy
Are you sure you're not thinking of Prosac? - you certainly have an optimistic and welcoming world view and half a tab a day would explain that .

Inspired by your gestures of love for all , I have started a Just Giving page to collect enough money to restore the missing " d " in your username . I take PMSL as a compliment now I know what it means. ( I originally assumed you were calling me a Pompous Miserly Sad LittleEnglander) .

A very good afternoon
Nigel
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

mosy wrote:Am I the only one who thought Nigel's comment was funny? .
Yes.