Sydenham Community Library

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
pmjs

Sydenham Community Library

Post by pmjs »

I am surprised that there is hardly any mention of our library in any of the regular posts. It isn't on the Artists' Trail and appears to be a forgotten outpost of the Sydenham community.

Given all the effort and energy that went into ensuring that it survived at all this seems very surprising. It is a great space staffed by very dedicated volunteers and it really should be better used and have a higher profile in Sydenham community affairs.

I am guessing that location is the issue - Lower Sydenham!

For anyone interested they are showing a film on the afternoon of Sunday 16th July - Paddington Bear - so far advance ticket sales have been depressingly low.
syd-gal

Re: Sydenham Community Library

Post by syd-gal »

Didn't know the library has events on a Sunday!
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

pmjs wrote:I am surprised that there is hardly any mention of our library in any of the regular posts. It isn't on the Artists' Trail and appears to be a forgotten outpost of the Sydenham community.

Given all the effort and energy that went into ensuring that it survived at all this seems very surprising. It is a great space staffed by very dedicated volunteers and it really should be better used and have a higher profile in Sydenham community affairs.

I am guessing that location is the issue - Lower Sydenham!

For anyone interested they are showing a film on the afternoon of Sunday 16th July - Paddington Bear - so far advance ticket sales have been depressingly low.
Maybe this thread can advertise local library events, just an idea
Tom Edwards

Post by Tom Edwards »

Radio Sydenham is based in the library so I will get the powers that be to advertise any events on this forum. We also announce any events on the station, usually between 12 midday and three.
Tom Edwards

Post by Tom Edwards »

Deleted
Last edited by Tom Edwards on 29 Jul 2017 13:07, edited 2 times in total.
Pally

Post by Pally »

I made an observation on another thread that there seems to be a somewhat negative view of this forum out there...wondered if its historical ....and the respond you got confirms that a bit. Shame really!

Thanks re link!
Tom Edwards

Post by Tom Edwards »

Hi all

Here's a link to the list of the current events at the library.

http://tinyurl.com/y9jwlqvl

Tom

http://www.radiosydenham.co.uk