Fireworks last night

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Parker1970

Fireworks last night

Post by Parker1970 »

Was I the only one rudely awoken at 00:40 this morning by fireworks? (I live near cobbs corner)

Anyone know who was responsible so I can send a hit man over to their gaff? :lol:
stuart

Re: Fireworks last night

Post by stuart »

I'd hazard a guess at the Hall Drive area. That's based on direction not distance.
Meanwhile, in other news there is a dirty bonfire burner in Border Road your man could limber up on ...

Stuart
Pally

Post by Pally »

Parker1970 wrote:Was I the only one rudely awoken at 00:40 this morning by fireworks? (I live near cobbs corner)

Anyone know who was responsible so I can send a hit man over to their gaff? :lol:
I think it might be connected to Diwali celebrations ...rather than early bonfire night!
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

A lot of the weekend fireworks are part of Diwali celebrations for the Hindu communities.
alywin

Post by alywin »

Parker1970 wrote:Was I the only one rudely awoken at 00:40 this morning by fireworks? (I live near cobbs corner)

I hadn't gone to bed by then, but I wasn't best pleased either. All I can say was there was an intermittent flickering red over the other side of the railway: might have been up at Crystal Palace - it looks similar to the direction Bonfire Night fireworks come from, and of a similar size.