black bin collection

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
sherlomi

black bin collection

Post by sherlomi »

Has anyone else in Kirkdale not had their black bin emptied today? I know I have the right date.
Anyone??
gillyjp

Re: black bin collection

Post by gillyjp »

My recycling bin (Peak Hill Gardens) was not emptied this week. When I went to report the missed collection on line the service was 'unavailable'. If you fail to report a missed collection within 24 hours (even if it's their oversight presumably) you have to wait until the next bin collection day. What a joke!

The landfill bin was collected, however the state our road was left in was appalling. If this the effect the changed bin collection process from Lewisham has then God help us. People who do recycle are now advised that if a missed recycle bin collection is not reported within the 24 hour timeframe, they should take it to their local recycling depot. Charming - ours is in Rotherhithe!
alywin

Post by alywin »

Really? You'd do better taking it on the 194 to Churchfields, I'd think.
sherlomi

Post by sherlomi »

At the risk of being a bore but just to make people aware, I went online to fill in the complaints form
about non collection of black bin (which by now is a heaving mountain of rubbish) was sent an
e-mail with reference number - two days ago. Still no collection. Any suggestions as to what to do
with a full black bag of rubbish because there sure isnt room in the wheelie.
appletree

Post by appletree »

Emailing envirowaste@lewisham.gov.uk has resulted in an immediate personal response fir me, though the second time it didn't actually result in a collection. However it does alert human beings to the problem.
sherlomi

Post by sherlomi »

Thankyou for your response Appletree but have already e-mailed the whole world and his wife
and still no luck!
Steveofsyd

Post by Steveofsyd »

Well this morning my bins weren’t emptied of general waste. The dustmen cleared everyone else but left mine. However I filled in the form on Bromley’s website as I waited at Penge East station on way to work. Got home after work and bins cleared.
That’s the diffference between Bromley and those incompetent idiots in Lewisham.
sherlomi

Post by sherlomi »

After my black bin not being emptied for nearly four weeks, my grey bin was emptied on two
occasions this week. Theres no rhyme or reason to it!