Fly tipping and Lewisham Council's response

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
OnCrestOfHill

Fly tipping and Lewisham Council's response

Post by OnCrestOfHill »

A neighbour was asking for help today to get some fly tipped mattresses on public open space closer to the side of the road.
Says past experience tells her the Council won't deal with fly tipping if the waste is not plainly visible to all. I confess I've never asked them myself to deal with that kind of waste.

Wondered if others had the same experience of Council policy and if people felt it was acceptable?

Appreciate it's not the Council who tip the waste in the first place, but still feel myself it's a primary civic function to deal with that kind of stuff when it's out there.
owlwise

Re: Fly tipping and Lewisham Council's response

Post by owlwise »

I've found that Lewisham council respond very quickly to flytipping. Go to www.fixmystreet.com and report it there.
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

Its a shame that Fixmytreet haven't improved their application. It's so clunky to use the maps / drop pin feature.
Still, would prefer to have it than not..
OnCrestOfHill

Post by OnCrestOfHill »

Thanks for the helpful post and good to hear of your positive experience.

The stuff's already been reported, I think. Hopefully it will go soon.

My neighbour seemed to say that she'd had people out before when stuff had been tipped in the same spot in the past, but because it's a bit awkward to get to they had refused to move it - though I might have misunderstood.

Sounds like that shouldn't be normal practice and if it happens that way again, we should get onto our local councillor.