Old postal sorting office Silverdale

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
mosy

Old postal sorting office Silverdale

Post by mosy »

Can I ask Chris Best:
In the KFH thread (empty shop next to Sainsbury Local at the roundabout), it seems the Council has some power to insist or encourage the owner/lessee to tidy up its appearance. Could that be applied to the sorting office?

It wouldn't take long to clean away the weeds, seedling buddleias etc, and tidy up the 10ft alley alongside. The white van has been parked (clamped) stagnant on their forecourt for years and must surely have all but rusted away.

I accept that the property is privately owned and might be being held empty purely for capital investment gain, but it's surely not asking a lot for the owners to spend a day every now and then to improve its unkempt and abandoned look.

Any chance? Ta
monkeyarms

Re: Old postal sorting office Silverdale

Post by monkeyarms »

I often wonder about the feasibility of getting in touch with the owners to organise a pop-up art event. Like the Crystal Palace Underground craft fair (coming up soon), or similar events at Anerley Town Hall, where local artists can have stalls. I thought the same thing about the empty Budgens - which has the advantage of effectively having built-in artists stalls right now.

Could anyone on this forum advise me how I'd go about finding the names of the owners and asking them?