Slatters bakewell tarts

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
furyboy

Slatters bakewell tarts

Post by furyboy »

Hi all, I’m new on here, my name is terry, so as a light bit of whimsy for my first ever blog, .....I’m talking Bakewell tarts!
I used to love the small individual Bakewell tarts from slatters, every so often, I,d treat myself to one.
But then one day...disaster struck. It didn’t taste the same. They obviously changed the ingredients slightly, either adding in a new one, or leaving one out! And on that day , a small part of my world fell apart!!
I just didn’t enjoy it no more. Are there any other Bakewell tart fanciers out there, who used to buy said cake from slatters, who agree? Terry
furyboy

Re: Slatters bakewell tarts

Post by furyboy »

Hi rod, thanks for reply. No I haven’t asked them. Thought I would probably be met with a lot of quizical stares!
However I will ask them, and report back on here! Let me say that slatters is a good bakers, and I’m not running them down at all. Terry
JRobinson

Re: Slatters bakewell tarts

Post by JRobinson »

I do like a nice bakewell tart - the small individual ones with a cherry on top, though I've not tried the ones at Slatters.