Snow!

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
stuart

Snow!

Post by stuart »

In November!

Stuart
maestro

Re: Snow!

Post by maestro »

There was snow over much of the country on June 2nd 1975, I remember it well as I was in Carlisle at the time and there was over an inch of it up there.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/binaries/c ... e_1975.pdf
stuart

Post by stuart »

maestro wrote:There was snow over much of the country on June 2nd 1975, I remember it well as I was in Carlisle at the time and there was over an inch of it up there.
Isn't there always an inch or more of it up there?
We have tobaggans I built in the 1980s when Crystal Palace Park was like the Dolomites. Don't think we had much chance of using them since.

Or is this morning's flurry a portender of a white winter in SE26 ... and did it manage to reach the lower end of Sydders?

Stuart
maestro

Post by maestro »

stuart wrote:
maestro wrote:There was snow over much of the country on June 2nd 1975, I remember it well as I was in Carlisle at the time and there was over an inch of it up there.
Isn't there always an inch or more of it up there?
We have tobaggans I built in the 1980s when Crystal Palace Park was like the Dolomites. Don't think we had much chance of using them since.

Or is this morning's flurry a portender of a white winter in SE26 ... and did it manage to reach the lower end of Sydders?

Stuart
I've no idea as I now reside up in the hills about half a mile North of Hadrian's Wall. Although I'm 800ft above sea level here we've only had the odd flurry of snow so far, but several overnight frosts down to about -6c.
mikej

Post by mikej »

yes there was snow at my house, near Kent House station
alywin

Post by alywin »

maestro wrote:I've no idea as I now reside up in the hills about half a mile North of Hadrian's Wall. Although I'm 800ft above sea level here we've only had the odd flurry of snow so far, but several overnight frosts down to about -6c.
Seems as though you might need to change your location details, then!
maestro

Post by maestro »

alywin wrote:
Seems as though you might need to change your location details, then!
I certainly will when I've eventually sold my property in Lower Syd, but that will be quite a few months away, in the meantime I'm frequently down there (will be down all next week) and I'll be spending quite a lot of time down there early next year getting the place refurbished.