Poodle club

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
appletree

Re: Poodle club

Post by appletree »

We went to the Poodle Club tonight for the first time and had a terrific night. Fun acts, lots of laughs, great atmosphere.

A wonderful addition to the area. We will be back.
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

Just went for the first time tonight - had to cancel when had tickets before :frowning: - absolutely brilliant night of mostly comedy with some magic also. 2.5 hours of fantastic entertainment for just over a £10 on our doorstep. Absolutely fantastic and the place stays open with tunes until 12 too. A real gem not only in Sydenham but in South London full stop if you ask me!!
RJM

Post by RJM »

We were there tonight too! Really great thing to have on the doorstep, we'll be back (and taking friends). We really enjoyed it, and the place itself has a really good atmosphere.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Brief mention of the Poodle Club on Radio 4 today. Now you’ve really arrived!
Sydenham

Post by Sydenham »

Just tried on the off chance to get into Poodle Club tonight - no preplanning. Well we turned away as sold out - good on them; on one hand disappointed but on other good that its attracting custom on a cold damp February evening.

So suggest you make sure you book in advance to guarantee a show.
P.S. ended up having a drink somewhere else in Sydenham so others benefitted as well
JRW

Post by JRW »

Thanks to all at the Poodle Club for a hilarious evening tonight. My first visit, but I'll be back soon, especially if you rebook Steve Best - he was brilliant.
sparticus

Post by sparticus »

Yes, we were there too. Brilliant set!