Neighbourhood in Collingtree road

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
interested_buyer

Neighbourhood in Collingtree road

Post by interested_buyer »

Hi,
we are a couple in our early 30s and we are considering putting an offer for a property on Collingtree road.

We have already been on the road a couple of times, but we haven't knocked on people's doors yet because we think that can be annoying for them.
We are wondering how the neighbours are, if there's been any problem on the road and, generally speaking, what the vibe is.

We would like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.
The Clown

Re: Neighbourhood in Collingtree road

Post by The Clown »

Hi

This forum has a fairly small number of regular users who actually post.

I’ve lived in Syd for 10 years and love it. I live between Syd and Penge Easy station on the sought after “toast rack” of streets that benefit from the two stations.

I cannot therefore speak for Collingtree, as I rarely venture in that direction.
In general terms though, l would strongly recommend doing the knocking....stamp duty isn’t cheap and you need to know who your actual neighbours are.
As with any area in London, Street to Street things can vary quite significantly

Good luck with your search ( Collingtree or otherwise ) Sydenham is a good investment area for those entering the London property market whatever the market will end up doing or not doing short to medium term - supply and demand is difficult to argue with, particularly with family sized homes.

Beers in the Greyhound when it reopens!
stuart

Post by stuart »

I also cannot comment on the specifics of Colingtree. Except it is optimally positioned for the benefits of bus services including the never to be forgot opportunity of the 176 24/7 service from Central London unslavingly freeing yourself safely from the clutches of Uber and even more challenging and/or expensive ways back from late night/early morning fun in the city. Syd Station gives you the choice of Southern to LBG & VIC plus Overground with its connections to the Jube at Canada Water and by the end of the year Crossrail at Whitechapel.

And when all that goes pear shaped you have SouthEastern from Penge East to Victoria or from Lower Sydenham to Cannon Street. There's never an excuse to not getting to work from Sydenham - by bicycle or even a swift jog.

Plus St Bart's school and Kelvin Grove are there to welcome your progeny. Plus+ you can find no better places to relax than the Kirkdale Bookshop, truly one of London's gems. Plus Sugahill Cafe - which will just make you fat nicely.

Plus++ there is going to be a world, if not galactic, celebration in the next couple of months when the Greyhound re-opens. Hope to see you there!

Stuart
sydenhamgardener2

Post by sydenhamgardener2 »

Lived on Collingtree Road for almost 8 years now. Nice quiet road. Well situated for amenities. PM me if you want more info.
Rachc

Post by Rachc »

Hi we have lived on this road for five years and like the street. Happy for you to pm me if you have any specific questions
interested_buyer

Post by interested_buyer »

Thanks to everyone for their feedback.