Subway

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Mayowthorpe

Subway

Post by Mayowthorpe »

Subway has been closed for a few weeks for “technical” reasons.

Does anyone know if it’s permanently closed?
syd-gal

Re: Subway

Post by syd-gal »

I know it was closed on 14 Feb when I went for the 'free' 6" but didn't realise it has been closed since then.
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

I just checked the participating stores for the latest Subway vouchers, and the Sydenham branch is not listed at all, either as participating or not participating. So I guess it has closed for good?
I haven't been up the high street this month,so assume it is still closed?
alywin

Post by alywin »

I'm not sure I'd registered that Sydenham even had a Subway (which is odd, because I have a perfectly-functioning sense of smell, and Subways do have a very characteristic smell - it's a bit like walking past a branch of Lush, you really can't miss them)
parker

Post by parker »

It has closed permanently.
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

Walked past a couple this past week in Croydon and Putney High Street and both look they have been closed a while judging by the inside / heap of post on floor etc. Guess they are cutting back quite a few shops not necessarily or specifically the Sydenham location not being “good enough” for them or profitable enough perhaps.
goonerchamp

Post by goonerchamp »

alywin wrote:I'm not sure I'd registered that Sydenham even had a Subway (which is odd, because I have a perfectly-functioning sense of smell, and Subways do have a very characteristic smell - it's a bit like walking past a branch of Lush, you really can't miss them)
What? Slap bang in the middle of the main road? How do you cross roads without being hit if you didn't notice that?
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

parker wrote:It has closed permanently.
Google concurs.
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

The Croydon one in High Street nr Katherine St closed a year or so ago. However the Wellesley Rd one at Norfolk House is still very much open and is usually busy. Sadly they don't take the Metro coupons.
Beckenham and Bromley are both thriving and both take the coupons.
alywin

Post by alywin »

goonerchamp wrote:
alywin wrote:I'm not sure I'd registered that Sydenham even had a Subway (which is odd, because I have a perfectly-functioning sense of smell, and Subways do have a very characteristic smell - it's a bit like walking past a branch of Lush, you really can't miss them)
What? Slap bang in the middle of the main road? How do you cross roads without being hit if you didn't notice that?
Ah, no wonder, now I see the picture. I don't tend to go that far down, except on the bus.
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

Subway is open again!