Penge Indians

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
SydenhamOwl

Penge Indians

Post by SydenhamOwl »

Hi all,

Has anyone here been to either Penge Massala or Belash Tandoori (or both)? They are both on the High St. Any opinions on which (if either) is better?
danmarwil

Re: Penge Indians

Post by danmarwil »

I had a takeaway from Penge Masala last night and it was pretty good. I didn’t have any of their meat based dishes so can’t vouch for the quality of those but everything I ordered was tasty & not overly spicy.
SydenhamOwl

Post by SydenhamOwl »

danmarwil wrote:I had a takeaway from Penge Masala last night and it was pretty good. I didn’t have any of their meat based dishes so can’t vouch for the quality of those but everything I ordered was tasty & not overly spicy.
Thanks. I'm a vegetarian so good feedback for me. That's a shame on the spice though, I like spice!
Pally

Post by Pally »

Himalayan kitchen in Penge (in road opposite Alexandra Nurseries) does excellent takeaways! :)
Zsazsa

Post by Zsazsa »

I have the quality of food from Himalayan Kitchen to be variable but the thing that is consistent is the incredibly slow service! Be prepared for a long wait and don't fall for the 30 mins they tell you it will take.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Without any shadow of a doubt, the Himalayan Kitchen is the best I've had.
SydenhamOwl

Post by SydenhamOwl »

Can you eat in at the Himalayan?
Zsazsa

Post by Zsazsa »

there is no eat in option.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I’ve never had a bad meal from Himalayan kitchen - the worst was ok once but generally very good or really very good .
In my experience they deliver pretty promptly , I’m usually still changing for dinner when they turn up.
They are really charming people too .
A very good takeaway
Nigel
Bovine Juice

Post by Bovine Juice »

There is an eat in option at the Himalayan but with just two tables you may feel a little self conscious.

Himalayan is great though and the 9 veg side dish is wonderful for veggies. Belash is ok for meat dishes but not that spicy and not great for veg. Penge Massala is better but not amazing.