Sydenham cars

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
sydenhamgardener2

Sydenham cars

Post by sydenhamgardener2 »

Just wanted to share a positive experience with Sydenham cars last night. Thanks to the French air traffic controllers going on strike my flight was delayed. The official cab company at Gatwick took my order and then cancelled on me but Sydenham cars saved the day! They were cheaper and gave a very good efficient service with a friendly but professional driver.
chris 1961

Re: Sydenham cars

Post by chris 1961 »

If you mean the cab company next to Sydenham station (London Cars), then I agree.
They are very reliable and reasonably priced - I use them a lot.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Yes - we have used London Cars in the early hours [but only from East Croydon 'cos its even cheaper by train from Gatwick]. Excellent and good value.

Whereas we had a 'complimentary' taxi to Gatwick operated by Addison-Lee a couple of months ago. It had a puncture before it got to Penge. OK that could happen to anyone - but:

1) It had no spare
2) The drivers mobile 'had no coverage'
3) When he used my phone to get a replacement their operations room didn't answer.

Instead we ran for the first 75 to EC station and just made the flight by the skin of our teeth. Not an experience I'm keen to repeat. Still if could have been worse if the flat had been on the M23.

Stuart
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

I also use London Cars a lot. Their office staff are friendly, courteous and efficient, while their drivers are good and reliable. Very reasonable charges.
alywin

Post by alywin »

Back when I used to live in Anerley, I used London Cars quite a bit if I was coming down from London Bridge. But I not infrequently found I had to navigate the drivers to my address - quite a few seemed to have no local knowledge of the Penge area, even of its more significant landmarks, which was very disappointing. I hope that's improved by now.