FOXed!

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
stuart

FOXed!

Post by stuart »

Yesterday woke up, summer sun straming into the bedroom. Bliss!

Looked out on the lawn wa a squirrel, magpie and a fox. The magpie decided to attack the fox biting it on the tail until freddie fox beat a rtetreat into the bushes. Well that had set the pecking order for the day.

Got up. Didn't do much - just read a book - and then laid down on the lawn to sleep under the hot sun. Bliss! [again] Went to sleep.

Awoke suddenly. My toes was being nibbled. Oh the wretched cat I surmised and considered what appropriate reprisals would be in order. Then I opened my eyes and it took a few moments to register - it wasn't the cat - it was that fox calmly sorting out dinner. My flinch was not welcome and the fox disgruntingly ambled up the guardian to drink from the bowl of water we put out for the birds.

Clearly offended that I was not respected the next in the pecking order.

My toe hurt for quite a while but the flesh was not broken - otherwise it would have been an evening of the joys of Lewisham A&E as my last tetanus jab was probably the last millennium.

So its a jungle out there boys and girls. Prepare to be supper ...

And if anyone recognises these size 10 trainers - PM me. They were delivered individually to our garden in the last couple of days by our furry friends:

Tim Lund

Re: FOXed!

Post by Tim Lund »

Pretty unlikely story for why I didn't see you in the group of Anerley Bicycle Club riders out yesterday!
mosy

Post by mosy »

I've noticed a few foxes lately, i.e. one than one scurrying about at the same time, luckily from a safe unbite-able vantage point. I'll know to buy some plastic clogs for lounging in the sun and hope they don't watch Bart Simpson "Eat my shorts".
owlwise

Post by owlwise »

I have several foxes and a cub that regularly frequent my garden. They each have their own character and one likes to be stroked on the nose. They are warey of humans, which is good, but I know they are completely harmless.

They are gorgeous creatures. :)
stuart

Post by stuart »

owlwise wrote:IThey are warey of humans, which is good, but I know they are completely harmless.
My toe says otherwise. Just consider if that had been a child asleep. They are most decidedly vicious animals who hold humans in contempt. Well, me at least.

Which makes me a bit mad that people here feed and nurture them. Its is just being irresponsible and potentially dangerous. Just because the cubs can look kinda cute.

Stuart
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

the fox disgruntingly ambled up the guardian
I guess these red foxes feel it's a bit too critical of Corbyn