CANCELLED: Sydenham Jumble Sale Trail - Sunday 19th Aug

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Syddersisters

CANCELLED: Sydenham Jumble Sale Trail - Sunday 19th Aug

Post by Syddersisters »

Hello welcome to Sydenham!

I'm organising my second JUMBLE SALE TRAIL for a bit of fun & old community spirit but this year requires more volunteers & people to sign up quickly to help fund the leaflet print as I don't have enough time but there seems to be an appetite for it! So Sunday 19th August 2018.

A Jumble Trail is like a car boot sale but it's on your street, communities co-ordinate to set up stalls outside their houses to sell bric-a-brac, toys, vintage clothes, cakes etc

The whole thing is coordinated online at jumbletrail.com providing visitors with a colour coded map to explore the treasure on sale in your neighbourhood.

The more sign ups, the more it encourages others in your area to do the same, the more visitors you get & the more fun you have & the more stuff you sell. Recruit your friends & neighbours it's going to be a fab day in SE26! Spread the word!

To keep the stall fee at £4, I need you to meet these deadlines please:
10 sign ups by 27th June so can print poster,
29 sign ups by 20th July so I can design & print & distribute a map & for people to collect.

The event is just with admin awaiting approval but sign up from next week here:
http://www.jumbletrail.com/event/SE26Syd
Last edited by Syddersisters on 20 Jun 2018 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
monkeyarms

Re: Sydenham Jumble Sale Trail - Sunday 19th Aug - sign up s

Post by monkeyarms »

Probably worth also posting this info on a couple of near-neighbour Facebook groups: eg Penge Tourist Board; sydenham/ foresthill buy and sell; Sydenham Mums; and Sydenham SE26 Community.

There were a fair few stalls in last year's Penge Jumble Trail that would also qualify as Sydenham, for instance.
Syddersisters

Re: Sydenham Jumble Sale Trail - Sunday 19th Aug - sign up s

Post by Syddersisters »

HELLO ALL - Sadly the Jumble Trail website has closed down which means organising and galvanising the community from scratch/ or doing a GOOGLE MAPS is possible but will be a huge nightmare which I won't have time for.... it's so sad as JT was brilliant but it didn't make enough money for the owner and it look up a lot of her time and she's studying for a degree....

If you fancy taking this task on feel free to take the reins! So at the moment Sunday 19th Aug is cancelled

I'll find another way to volunteer in the community so I'm sure I'll see you around. Maybe I'll hunt down the local car boot sale to get rid of my stuff... if not Facebook Marketplace is good....
Best wishes