Bus Drivers on strike - newlands Park

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
butters

Bus Drivers on strike - newlands Park

Post by butters »

So the constant diverted traffic from the blasted hole in the road in Crystal Palace just ended up with a flurry of bus drivers getting out in protest as they refused to mount the pavement in order to pass each other as there were too many of them on the road.

Solidarity with them though - the pavements are in a state and I’ve almost been clipped several times by impatient car and van drivers not waiting for traffic to clear and driving on the pavement. Eventually a driver appeared who said he would drive the busses up the kerb to unclog the jam.

One of the drivers said they had been told by TFL to not mount the pavements, but they can’t pass each other on the street without doing so.

Roll on the 12th when the hole is meant to be fixed??
stuart

Re: Bus Drivers on strike - newlands Park

Post by stuart »

I had to drive up that road yesterday morning. There were at least six buses trying to get past each other. They had to mount. Its ludricous to allow parking on a busy bus route leaving insufficient space and causing the destruction of pavements for pedestrians and unnecessary further delays to thousands of people (mostly bus passengers).

Cllr Best - if you are reading this - can we get an emergency prohibition put in place immediately for at least the duration. And should we not have a consultation as to the future?

Its a scandal that while Forest Hill is benefitting from wider pavements - those in Sydenham are being eaten away.

Stuart
butters

Post by butters »

That reminds me - must sent complaints in to all involved - the kerbs and pavements are now cracked and broken all along the road. Nuts!
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

cllr_chris.best@lewisham.gov.uk
CllrChris.Best@lewisham.gov.uk

Are her e-mail addresses, however I think in this day and age using Twitter and tweeting “at” her account (and the other councillors) as well as the various things associated (eg: Lewisham Council, transport for London, Lewisham Environment, Sydenham Society) will give you a better response from the council and others (for want of saving face/having to respond in the public eye etc)

Ps:
CllrLiam.Curran@lewisham.gov.uk
cllr_liam.curran@lewisham.gov.uk
Cllr_Tom.Copley@lewisham.gov.uk
tom.copley@london.gov.uk
Are the other Sydenham councillors addresses.